cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

planned cost for manpower and equipments

0 Kudos

Hi friends,

I am getting the planned cost of Material once I assign material to activity. How to calculate project planned cost for manpower and equipments. Where to assign this to get the planned cost report.

Thank you,

Regards,

Prashant

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use Work centers to calculate Manpower costs.use KP26 to plan Activity types and assign the Activity type to Work center.create Internal activity and enter the work center planned hours.This will give you planned cost for the activity.Confirm the activity to get the actual costs.

Muzamil

0 Kudos

Dear Muzamil,

this process does't solved my problem. If I assign one person to project for 1 month I need the salary of that person to come in my project plan cost. Same things for equipments, if I assign one crane to my project I need it's /hr cost to calulate project plan cost. Where to assign the /hr cost of equipment?

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

if you are looking for integration with HR (CATS) for manpower, consider assigning a network or a WBS to the time sheet which is used by the manpower to fill in the time for a particular activity. All time would be recorded in this sheet and then transferred to PS. Take a template with number of pre-recorded hours to calculate planned cost. The formula for calculating the cost should be assigned to the work center of the employee. Normally companies don't equate salary and work related cost for internal employees (as salary is fixed - not on a contract or per-hour basis).

If it is on a per hour basis you can calculate the formula for calculating cost as assigned to work center and the network or activity will automatically pick the planned cost/hours from that place/formula.

As far as equipment is concerned, it is a service/maintenance related entity. The planned cost of the equipment would be the same as that of the material assigned to it. If it is a BOM, then proper strategy should be defined for it in the cost variant.

Then that material or BOM is assigned to the network or its components to activity, system will automatically take the planned cost from material master and you can see the final cost on Plan/Actual cost on CJ20n.

0 Kudos

it is resolved

thank you

Answers (0)