cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

condition category and condition class

0 Kudos

HI Gurus,

I am trying to create a condition type for taxes. My client was using customized condition type for which the condition class is A - (disc or surcharge) and codition category is D - ( tax). they were using this condition type for long time and it was working fine. aroung 2 yrs back they have upgraded to ECC6.

Now they want another customized condition type which works same as above. I have created a new condition type with the conditionc class as A and condition caterory is D.

But when iam trying define tax classification for customer and material master, it is throughing an error for this new condition type as " condition calss should be D - (Tax) for condition category D (tax).

Is this an error with ECC 6 upgrade or it is a standard error?

can we use condition class as A for condition category D?

Please help me with this issue. If possible can you plz explain what is the exact difference b/w condition class and condition category.

thanks is advance

regards

suri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Is this an error with ECC 6 upgrade 
    or it is a standard error?

Tax condition types should have "D" for both Condition Class and Condtion Category. This is applicable to ECC6 also.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi suri,

The condition class says when/if the condition must be redetermined.

E.g. if you choose the pricing type G u201CCopy pricing elements unchanged and redetermine taxesu201D in the copy control, the system will copy all conditions and redetermine only those with category D (Taxes).

You may see the same "pricing types" list when you click Update in Sales Order conditions tab.

The condition category determines which "group" does the condition type belong to. It has various control functions (means each "group" "behaves" differently).

Not sure if it's reasonable to use class Discount or surcharge with category Tax.

Pls provide us with the Message nr. of the application error you're getting if you don't cease from this customized condition type.

Best regards,

Zuzana