Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization For transaction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I have an issue with authorization.

Actually basis people blocking Standard trnsaction 'MB1A' and i am using in my report through call Transaction in BDC and when i am excuting report Authorization Error coming.

Means i am not able to acess Transaction throuogh Report because its blocked by basis.

So, Is it basis issue or ABAP issue?

If basis issue please Provide me solution How basis Person can block Transaction Access directly but it should access through report.

10 REPLIES 10

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> How basis Person can block Transaction Access directly but it should access through report.

SE97 is a good search term for this issue, as is "called transactions". Called transactions will allow users to start transactions in the way you've described even if the S_TCODE authorization is missing from their role.

0 Kudos

Can u clarify more ?

0 Kudos

> Can u clarify more ?

Have a look at transaction SE97 and it's helpfiles. Also search the forums for "SE97" and you'll get more information on the subject.

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Actually basis people blocking Standard trnsaction 'MB1A'.

Locking a transaction, even if you don't think that you are using it... is a stupid idea in almost every case.

Ask basis what the reason was for locking the transaction and fix that reason (probably a design error or horrid authorization concept based on silly tcodes).

Cheers,

Julius

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

If the transaction code is blocked then check in SM01.

If you have any other authorization issues, then open another session with SU53, this will give you lack of authorizations (transaction codes, authorization objects and authorization values)

Regards,

Ravi

0 Kudos

> Ravi Sankar Venna wrote in a duplicated post:

>

>You a can create new Z transaction code (copy of original transaction code), use the Z transaction code in your program.

This solution only has limited use in higher releases, as the transactions check their transaction context authorization (or "paired" couples of trust...) at initialization of the program source, and not the transaction.

Variant transactions have even less use.

Cheers,

Julius

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check out the below notes:

[SAP Note# 358122|https://service.sap.com/~form/handler?_APP=01100107900000000342&_EVENT=REDIR&_NNUM=0000358122&nlang=E]

[SAP Note# 515130|https://websmp108.sap-ag.de/~form/handler?_APP=01100107900000000342&_EVENT=REDIR&_NNUM=515130&_NLANG=E]

Former Member
0 Kudos

there is a way around in ABAP , when you use call transaction it will allows you to pass user id as a parameter, so you could pass wf-batch or someother relevant id that will always have access to the transaction.

Regards,

Chinmaya

0 Kudos

> there is a way around in ABAP , when you use call transaction it will allows you to pass user id as a parameter, so you could pass wf-batch or someother relevant id that will always have access to the transaction.

I think what you meant was when you call a remote enabled function module, then you can pass the destination (possibly with UID) to the call.

In the special case of workflows, you can even pass your own user ID name into the call (for the "Posted by" document creation etc) but let the authority-checks run under the WF-BATCH user.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

I am more or less certain that call transaction allows you to pass the user id parameter.. I will however recheck and let you know...

regards,

CP