cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple sender - Using BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have 4 file senders to send message of same structure to BPM to process it.

There is no corelation between the messages.

But I am wondering, will it work, if I add multiple receivers using fork step and initiating each one as 'start process'?

Can we have multiple receivers in BPM with any corelation?

Please advice

Thanks,

Karthik

Edited by: Karthik Kaveriselvan on May 31, 2009 10:10 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abhishek,

What I think is to have multiple sender agreement, one for each sender and configure each one of those to the BPM Abstract interface seperately. It is just like reusing the BPM.

I guess this will work. What say?

P.S. I dont have any transformation step inside BPM

Thanks,

Karthik

Edited by: Karthik Kaveriselvan on May 31, 2009 11:05 AM

Edited by: Karthik Kaveriselvan on May 31, 2009 11:05 AM

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
What I think is to have multiple sender agreement, one for each sender and configure each one of 
those to the BPM Abstract interface seperately. It is just like reusing the BPM.

As the senders are different...their details will also be different (the FilePath)...so you need to configure different Sender CC...and with different CC comes different Sender Agreement....

P.S. I dont have any transformation step inside BPM

asking out of curiousity what will you do with the received messages....i mean what is the flow after you receive...only if you deem it fit to answer

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using sync proxy to communicate with SAP.

One question:

Depending the one of the field values of proxy response (validating it in the fork step), the input message (intially used to trigger the BPM/ request message) has to be post either backup/ error/ reprocess folders.

Can I do this my simple adding one sender step for each file receiver(backup/ error/ reprocess)?

Please clarify

Thanks,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes u can do it through one send step/receiver

check File Access Parameters in this link for using variable substitution for Target Directory

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/Helpdata/EN/bc/bb79d6061007419a081e58cbeaaf28/content.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Abhishek.. Here goes the flow.

1. receive the message

2. send it to SAP sync

3. validate the response

4. if a status field shows success, place the input request file (from the sender) to back up folder

5. if the status field shows failure, place the input request file (from the sender) to error folder

6. if the status field shows reprocess folder, place the input request file (from the sender) to reprocess folder

7. poll the file from reprocess folder (with the second sender agreement/ channel - this is what this thread talks about) and follow the steps from step 2.

Please let me know, do I make myslef clear.

Regards,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Is the sap synch is a RFC call ?

if so then u dont need to go for BPM.

Regards,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

if u want to keep it simple

4 sender CC, 4 MI O/B

File-->Proxy/RFC Asynch

If successful

Proxy-->File Asynch

4 receiver CC, 4 MI I/B

Since the structures are same u can use the same message type, message mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

"The only reason of having two senders in the same BPM, the way these messages to be treated are

same."

I meant to say "the only reason of having multiple receive steps in the same BPM is all of those messages needs to follow the similar BPM steps though they donot have any corelation between them".

Anyways with the understanding as mentioned in my previous reply, the above statement is unnecessary.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for you response!

But we need not bundle the messages.

The only reason of having two senders in the same BPM, the way these messages to be treated are same.

Then, what else is suggested?

Thanks,

Karthik

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
But we need not bundle the messages.

agreed....but since the messages are coming from different sources and if you need to collsct the messages separately you will need to define correlation

As you mentioned that the messages have the same structure...check if you can cheat the BPM and use the following concept...not sure whether it will work...give it a try:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/08/16163ff8519a06e10000000a114084/content.htm

The only reason of having two senders in the same BPM, the way these messages to be treated are same.

could not make what you exactly mean by the above statement.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response!

I have gone thru the link you have provided.

In my requirement, I dont have to wait for the next message.

There is absolute no corelation be identified between these two messages.

I have to proceed with the message as and when it reaches the BPM.

Please clarify.

Thanks,

Karthik

Edited by: Karthik Kaveriselvan on May 31, 2009 10:27 AM

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
There is absolute no corelation can be identified between these two messages.

we need to have correlation as there are more than one receive steps.....something (fields) needs to be configured in the Files that will mention the relation i.e. correlation.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I have 4 file senders to send message of same structure to BPM to process it.
There is no corelation between the messages.

But I am wondering, will it work, if I add multiple receivers using fork step and initiating each one as 'start 
process'?

Can we have multiple receivers in BPM with any corelation?

This is the design option that you need to have:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/0e/56373f7853494fe10000000a114084/content.htm

Also check:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/cb/15163ff8519a06e10000000a114084/content.htm

Also note that you need to define correlation in this particular case

Regards,

Abhishek.