cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cogs and others

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

1) only when come to billing posted, then only i can see the cogs, fixed cost in the profitability analysis document. correct?

2) i know cogs is via vprs condition. may i know how system calculate fixed cost, overhead cost where i can see these 2 in profitability analysis document? which tcode i can see where it is defined.

3) during post goods issue, the entry is debit goods issue and credit inventory. this is just got to do with material document which impacting the inventory. correct?

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There,

> 1) only when come to billing posted, then only i can see the cogs, fixed cost in the profitability analysis document. correct?

As per me , The answer is Yes, The reason which i think from business perspective, is without billing or invoicing how you can post or update GL of customer. The profitability comes into picture only when u know that you have sold a particular amount to a particular customer, which invoice does contain.

> 2) i know cogs is via vprs condition. may i know how system calculate fixed cost, overhead cost where i can see these 2 in profitability analysis document? which tcode i can see where it is defined.

Fixed cost basically contains lots of factors like, Rent, electricity, Water etc.... These costs are indirectly linked with the product which u are manufacturing.

> 3) during post goods issue, the entry is debit goods issue and credit inventory. this is just got to do with material document which impacting the inventory. correct?

Yes, because it also is having separate accounts. and system has to update that accordingly.

Thanks,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

thanks for the reply.

i especially need to understand point 2 of where is the configuration that system know to calculate the fixed cost or overhead cost.

i can see fixed cost and overhead cost in profitability analysis document after billing is posted but i do not know how system to calculate this. it must be configuration somewhere. i would appreciate if anyone can tell the tcode or path to this.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check in KP26 and CK11N, CK12N whether it serves your purpose.

These cost are basically confugured by PP and CO consultants. Its assigned to a particular cost center.

Thanks,

Raja

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, AskComm.

i agree with your statement that COGS takes the info from VPRS.

in a variant configuration scenario, however, you do not maintain Accounting views in the material master (because you do not maintain inventory for the FG/configurable material) CO related data is relevant.

in either variant configuration or MTO scenario, you can view the costing in the sales order. in our tests, the costs appear in the sales order upon confirmation of production order. in MTS cases with standard cost estimates, you can view the costs in the sales order upon demand.

i do not currently know what the t-codes are for FI and CO sides. will research and get back to you when i find out.

as for your issue #3, i generally agree but also believe that accounting documents are created and are already posted as COGS. some exceptions where accounting documents are not created with goods issue are consignments.

regards.