cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't edit any files anymore - DTR is grayout in NWDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

For some reason I can't edit any files anymore, i.e. when right click on order.jsp, DTR is grayout. Seems like it happened after I reinstalled NWDS and reimported projects. I tried Sync sources, it did not help.

Any suggestions / advises?

Thanks, Jin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

snehal_kendre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Jin,

Possible reasons are.

1.Is there any activity in you r NWDS remaines to be checked in?

you can check it in IE

Open DTR in IE.

in activity search->select your track-> search open activities only.

2. Have you checked in DTR perspective that the file is not checked out by other user?

and if this is the problem in your NWDS only then please remove and then re-import the track.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Snehal and Jaya,

Thank you both very much for your help.

to answer Jaya's question: the projects are created in Inactive DCs.

to answer Snehal's question: there is an activity in myNWDS remaines to be checked in and I'm only user.

I remember before I can DTR->Edit any jsp files very easily, but now I can't, it's grayout.

I'm a new developer, could you please help and advise.

Thanks again, Jin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is that open activity is created earlier by editing those jsp files( which you are trying to edit now). Then you need to check in that activity. Are you able to checkin that activity?

Go to the "Development Configurations" perspective and go to the "Open Activities" section. And expand that activity and check what and all files are already checked out. If your jsps are in checkedout mode then check in this activity first and then try.

Note: If any file is already checkedout by any open activity then DTR-->Edit option will be grayed out.

Regards,

Charan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Charan for your help.

Before I checked the files in I could edit them, but now I can't edit any after checked them in.

I'm afraid if I re-import the track, I have to do setup for ISA config all over again (there are alot), only if that's the last resort.

Thanks, Jin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I did not get your issue. Can you please explain clearly.

Regards,

Charan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Right now do you have any open activities? If so, is it on the same jsp file?

If you have a open activity, obviously you will not edit option for the same file again.

If that is not the case, there might be an update in your track. You need to perform "Update Configuration" on your track. go to Inactive Dc's -> Right click on your track and select "Update Configuration".

You can also try, Closing and re opening the NWDS and logging in to NWDI again.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Jaya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Jaya and all very much for your help.

Hi Jaya and Charan,

I have open activities but not on the same jsp file. As soon as I checked in my editable files (order.jsp, Zxxx.java...) I can't edit them anymore incl my zxxx.java - DTR->Edit is grayed out for all files (I can't type anything in any files). I followed Jaya's suggestion to Update Configuration and restarted NWDS / reconnected to NWDI and the problem is the same.

Any advise / suggestions?

Thanks, Jin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Go to the Development Configurations perspective and in "InActive DCs" section expand your sorftware component --> development component and go to src folder in the dc and right click on your jsp/java file and check there you are getting this option.

Try this if you can:

Delete the dc from NWDS and from the .dtc floder also, close nwds and login into nwdi then create the dc project again from "InActive DCs" section.

Reagards,

Charan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Charan very very much. My issue is resolved.

Thank You All again for All Your Help.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you create the projects from InActive Dc's only?

You are not allowed to modify any file if you created a project from Active Dc's.

Regards,

Jaya.