cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC output node always empty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I created a web dynpro program and i've verified that the data i'm passing as input to the RFC is correct. however, no matter what input to the RFC though, the output node is always empty. What could I be missing that would cause the output node to be empty?

Cheers,

Alfonso

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

have you checked in the backend by passing same input to the RFC and is the RFC

giving you the data in the output node. , check the mandatory parameters in the RFC

and you can even ask your ABAPer to give the TEST data to pass to the RFC from the

webdynpro .

try to hard code the data with data taken from abaper and check whether RFC is giving you the

data , even try to debug the application , provide a external debugging in the RFC and

and perform external debugging and check the data getting passed to all the mandatory parameter

and the output node .

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Problem solved. there was a type mismatch in the passed parameter.

Thanks for the help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Put an external break-point in the RFC & check whether input parameters are getting passed correctly or not and also check for the output at the end.

Regards

Shruti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alfonso,

Are you invalidating the response node after executing the mode?

If so, Paste the code of

1. Executing the model and

2. Code to get the output from the RFC response

Regards,

Jaya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

As Murali mentioned check if the RFC is being executed in the backend with the same parameter.

Get a valueset and hard code it in the web dynpro application to see if the output is obtained.

If not, then check your code to see if the input parameters are being set properly, code to bind the model and execute the model is proper.

Last, check if the mapping from the model node to the model is proper.

Regards,

Kartikaye