cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes of key figure settings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

we want to change key figures settings in planning area.

Actally requirement is we need to remove the tick of the all keyfigures in planningarea in key figures tab for UOM column. But my planning area is initialized plz let me know whether I need to de initialized

or not to do this seetings.

Note I have to do in Production.

If I deinitialized data will be lost, So I have doubt to de initialized or not.

Regards

Srini.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

former_member220487
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

Hope you are referring to DP Planning area. SNP planning area data is stored in category & hence do not get deleted by de-initialization (except for any Time series keyfigures).

Why dont you transfer the planing area with new settings from Development to Production. Above SCM 5.0 you can transport the planning area without data loss. but do check if OSS notes 1233395 -->1235352 -->1238396 are implemented in your APO system.

Test the transport in J system & then transport in Production after successful transport of planning area without data loss in J system

Transport is a better option to play safe & act based on the testing in J system.

As precaution, you can take a backup of planning area data.

hope this helps.

Regards,

Nawanit Rathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

j

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

On which version you are in SCM?

From 5.0 you can change settings of keyfigures.

But before doing that it is advisable to take back up of your planning area.

regards

VM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once you will de - initialize planning area then your live cache memory will be cleared/data will be lost.

Bettaer keep the backup data in separte cube/copy the one planning area data to other planning area and later you can fetch to your original planing area.

Be sure that key figure mapping should be done properly including unit of measurment at Cobe level.

Regards,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pl. create a new planning area and assign required Key Figures. This time, be cautious before initialising.

Whatever the planning area, which you have initialised, keep it as a back up and over the period, you can de-initialise.

Madhava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

If you deinitialise the planning area by modifying the key figure settings, the corresponding data will be lost.

You can either back up the existing data in a cube or create a copy of planning area.

I would suggest before making any changes, carry out these changes in a sandbox or in an simulated environment and once everything is working fine, then do it in production.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

better take a back up of the data in a separate new cube and try doing that during non business activities and create a separate planning area which is a replica of the present system

cheers