cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Service cannot be reached" showing in WDA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I m creating the Web Dynpro Application, it is showing the following message: -

************************************************************************************************************

Service cannot be reached

What has happened?

URL http://bchdev:8000/sap/bc/wdvd call was terminated because the corresponding service is not available.

Note

The termination occurred in system DEV with error code 403 and for the reason Forbidden.

The selected virtual host was 0 .

What can I do?

Please select a valid URL.

If you do not yet have a user ID, contact your system administrator.

ErrorCode:ICF-NF-http-c:000-u:SAPSYS-l:E-i:bchdev_DEV_00-v:0-s:403-r:Forbidden

HTTP 403 - Forbidden

************************************************************************************************************

Please tell me the process of this issue....

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Goto SICF --> Press F8 --> Expand Default Host --> Expand sap --> Expand bc --> Expand webdynpro (Webdynpro (WD) Runtime --> Expand sap.

Here you will find lot of WD Applications by default activated or deactivated. Here check whether your WD applilcation is present or not. If present, check whether it is active or inactive. If inactive, right click on your WD Application and click on Activate Service.

This will solve your issue.

Regards,

-Syed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for reply...

Here i have 2 queries:

1. My WD applilcation is not present in that WD applilcation list. Why it is not coming in the list. Any problem there???

2. Please clear that i have to activate my all WD applilcation after created or not. This work will be performed for all WD Applications, or what ???

Thanks...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

If it is not present under SICF, then it is not activated. All the views, Component Controllers, and Windows have to be activated under the current TR. Then only, it will appear under SICF.

You need to activate the Application under SICF once it is activated under SE80 and if it appears in light gray mode. If it is active, then you will not see the Activate Service in the right click.

Yes, this is performed for all WD application.

Regards,

-Syed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for ur valuable reply...

I have already activated all the views, Component Controllers, and Windows. But not showing under SICF. What is the problem.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Every WD application that is created is listed in SICF. However in your case, there can be two possible scenarios:

- Creation of WD-Application. make sure you have created the application, saved it.

- Make sure you are following a correct node path in SICF. If you see your wd-application in the correct path then do a right click and then activate it.

Correct path--> Expand default_host->expand sap --> bc --> webdynpro --> locate the package under which you have done your developments. select the wd application, right click and then activate.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

For sure, you might have saved it in $TMP package. Check the same. If it is saved under a TR, it should definitely appear in SICF under Webdynpro Folder.

Regards,

-Syed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dear,

Now it's showing a window for Log on..when i click on Log on icon, it shows a pop-up, where it is asking for User Name and Password...Please clear me that which User Name and Password should be inserted here...

Thanks...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Provide the SAP Logon username and password.

And do not kill others sessions.

Regards,

-Syed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Where did you click for logon???

Regards,

-Syed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

After application execution, a window shows that Log On icon, when we click there, shows a pop-up...where i insert my DEV user name and password..

But showing another error, like:---

Error when processing your request

What has happened?

The URL http://bchdev:8000/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/demo_selopt_checkbox was not called due to an error.

Note

The following error text was processed in the system DEV : Die URL enthält keine vollständige Domainangabe (bchdev statt bchdev.).

The error occurred on the application server bchdev_DEV_00 and in the work process 0 .

The termination type was: RABAX_STATE

The ABAP call stack was:

Method: CHECK of program CX_FQDN=======================CP

Method: STARTUP_CHECKS of program CL_WDR_UCF====================CP

Method: CONSTRUCTOR of program CL_WDR_UCF====================CP

Method: CREATE of program CL_WDR_UCF====================CP

Method: HANDLE_REQUEST of program CL_WDR_CLIENT_ABSTRACT_HTTP===CP

Method: IF_HTTP_EXTENSION~HANDLE_REQUEST of program CL_WDR_MAIN_TASK==============CP

Method: EXECUTE_REQUEST of program CL_HTTP_SERVER================CP

Function: HTTP_DISPATCH_REQUEST of program SAPLHTTP_RUNTIME

Module: %_HTTP_START of program SAPMHTTP

What can I do?

If the termination type was RABAX_STATE, then you can find more information on the cause of the termination in the system DEV in transaction ST22.

If the termination type was ABORT_MESSAGE_STATE, then you can find more information on the cause of the termination on the application server bchdev_DEV_00 in transaction SM21.

If the termination type was ERROR_MESSAGE_STATE, then you can search for more information in the trace file for the work process 0 in transaction ST11 on the application server bchdev_DEV_00 . In some situations, you may also need to analyze the trace files of other work processes.

If you do not yet have a user ID, contact your system administrator.

Error code: ICF-IE-http -c: 101 -u: ABAP -l: E -s: DEV -i: bchdev_DEV_00 -w: 0 -d: 20090601 -t: 111127 -v: RABAX_STATE -e: UNCAUGHT_EXCEPTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Can you gimme the ST22 Source Code extract where actually the error has occured? Or explain the same.

Regards,

-Syed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Code is showing in ST22:--

METHOD check.

DATA: lv_host TYPE string,

lv_port TYPE string. "#EC NEEDED

lv_host = request->get_header_field( name = 'host' ).

IF lv_host NA '.' OR lv_host CO '0123456789.:'.

IF NOT lv_host CS 'localhost'.

SPLIT lv_host AT ':' INTO lv_host lv_port.

RAISE EXCEPTION TYPE cx_fqdn

EXPORTING host = lv_host

domain = '.<domain>.<ext>'. "#EC NOTEXT recommend security group

ENDIF.

ENDIF.

ENDMETHOD.

Please suggest me...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

You need to follow the below mentioned rules before executing the WD application on the browser.

1. You need to maintain the Server path i.e., When you create the WD Application on your Webdynpro Program in SE80, double click on the application name and you can see the attributes screen in the right hand side of SE80, there pick the server name from URL and save this entry in the HOSTS file:

\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

and Save this.

2. Goto Internet Options of the browser --> Tools --> Internet Options --> Connections --> LAN Settings --> Advanced --> Under Exceptions Provide the server details starting with *. and ending with *

Then run.

It should work.

Regards,

-Syed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My Problem still not solved...

Now it is showing some internet problem...

Error:---

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:

You are not connected to the Internet.

The website is encountering problems.

There might be a typing error in the address.

I check my internet connection, but that is perfect...not any type of problem.

Please suggest me...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check if you have entered the IP Address and Host Name into Windows host file.

Run->cmd>drivers->etc->hosts-> enter ip address (tab) hostname on the last line.

You can get host name from the URL of the application also:

Double click on the application you can see the URL there in the right pane.

Regards,

Radhika.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Check the version of the Internet Explorer, whether it is IE6 SP1 or SP2. If it is SP1, you need to upgrade that to SP2 or SP3.

Regards,

-Syed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We r using the version of the Internet Explorer 7.0 and SP 2.

Now please clear me what is the problem..

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you maitained an entry in your windows host file with the IP Address as i pointed in my previous reply ??

Radhika.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Radhika,

In the right side of application URL is:-

http://bchdev:8000/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/demo_selopt_checkbox

and

In Window Host file i change the last line from localhost to bchdev.....that is mentioned in the URL...

Please tell, any problem here....

Thanks...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Keep all the entries as it is an add a NEW entry at the end with IPAdress( tab) Hostname.

Check this also [FQDN|http://help.sap.com/SAPHELP_NW04S/helpdata/en/67/be9442572e1231e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm]

Regards,

Radhika.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,

My Host file is like this:---

1. Copyright (c) 1993-1999 Microsoft Corp.

#

1. This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.

#

1. This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each

1. entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should

1. be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.

1. The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one

1. space.

#

1. Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual

1. lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.

#

1. For example:

#

1. 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server

1. 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host

127.0.0.1 localhost

172.17.1.101 bchdev

if any problem in my file, please tell me...

Thanks..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Please check in the internet options then, as I posted the path for the same.

2. Goto Internet Options of the browser --> Tools --> Internet Options --> Connections --> LAN Settings --> Advanced --> ;.bchdev (mention bchdev within * and then . and then star)

Regards,

-Syed.

Edited by: wahid hussain syed on Jun 1, 2009 3:14 PM

Edited by: wahid hussain syed on Jun 1, 2009 3:15 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the advance option of Internet...i write like it: - (.bchdev)

You mentioned like this : - (;.bchdev) - (mention bchdev within * and then . and then star)

Is there any problem??? Please write the correct one....

Thanks....

Edited by: Prince Kumar on Jun 2, 2009 8:29 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the right side of application URL is:- 

http://bchdev:8000/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/demo_selopt_checkbox

Your server name (bchdev) is not fully qualified. Read the help link I provided in my previous reply for more details on what a Fully Qualified name is and how to set the correct profile parameters to change to a fully qualified name.

Regards,

Radhika.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

If I ;.bchdev came in bold format becoz, I wrote them between * *, it starts like this ...I'm writing in words...

(COLON);(STAR)(DOT) .BCHDEV(STAR) - thats it...now when you see in the answer area, you will find them in bold format. But you need to follow the words.

If you still feel difficulty, then you better contact the basis admin, he will finish this within a min.

Regards,

-Syed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Does your problem got solved?? If solved please close the thread.

Regards,

-Syed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My problem is still not solved...there is any problem in connection of internet of what ever else...i don;t know...and another problem is that we have not basis person, which one can solve this problem..

I done same as ur previous thread...but still not connected...

if u have any other idea to solve my problem, please tell??

Thanks...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kumar,

Get the IP of your Server, I mean the Application Server IP. And paste this IP in between *. and star instead of bchdev.

Regards,

-Syed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please see my reply on thread

former_member536879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear wahid,

Thanks very much. Your answer Helped me to solve my issue.

With regards,

Sumodh.P

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, I 've got the same issue, which happened on Dynpro designer, try to show layout preview.

currently, I actived the service, however, got the popup window to let me log into computer, I tried my PC's login user/pwd and SAP login user/ pwd, still doesn't work.

any suggestion? thanks a lot!

-- following The_Thinker 's thread to add an additional line into hosts file, will restart PC and check result.

Cheers,

Xiaoping

Edited by: XIAOPING on Feb 8, 2012 2:29 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to SICF transaction and check whether all WD related services are active or not.

Thanks,

Rahul