cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Results msimatched while release of Forecast from DP to SNP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are releasing forecast from DP to SNP through ( /SAPAPO/MC90 - Release Demand Planning to Supply Network Planning ) for next 3 months. i.e. in the month of May'09 we have released forecast for the period from June'09 to Aug '09.

Results for July'09 & Aug'09 are matching in DP & SNP. But for the m/o June'09 forecast figures are very much different in SNP as compared to DP.

We have checked there is no sales order pending due to whcih Forecast gets consumed, other parameters also we have checked, but we are not able to find the reason that why forecast is different.

For example, for one location-product combination forecast released from DP is 2910 where as in SNP it is reflectiong as 1886.

Would appreciate if someone can help out to resolve.

thanks & regards

Vinod Chawla

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Same type of problem I had faced in past.

In my case the solution was because of wrong claculation of periods by calender.

Please check at week level transfer , e.g, say 1st week of june.

and Last week of june.

Main varience will come in 1st and last week of june.

Alos you can check the aggregation logic.

Check your category and category group in planning area.

One more point you can check that PIR directly released from OLTP system.

Regards,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

Please check whether any previous left out forecast for june in snp has created this mismatch. If it is case, the old forecast in snp needs to be cleaned up before release

Other possible reason could be withdrawals, ie PGI done against the previous forecast.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil

thanks for the reply. We always delete old forecast before releasing the new .

I have found that there are withdrawal & allocated qty but still there is confusion

WIth one item I had done activity of release with two diff options. The scenarios are given as under :

Fcst May June July Aug

1275 4815 4817 5315

Released forecast from June to Aug (where July & Aug figures are matching)

Again deleted forecast for the m/o June & re-released.

Scenario 1 - When released to SNP w/o any "Planning Bucket Profile" (generally we do like this)

Forecast released is 4815

Forecast in SNP shown as 3672

Withdrawal - 1011 (1st week) , Allocated - 113 + 19 (1st & 2nd week)

Scenario 2 - When released to SNP with "Planning Bucket Profile" as 9AMONTHS

Forecast released is 4815

Forecast in SNP shown as 4683

Allocated - 132

Pending Sales Orders in ECC is 232 (from 02.05.09 to 01.06.09)

I am not able to understand the difference. Could u please explain the details how forecast is being consumed .

thanks & regards

Vinod Chawla

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

what type of consumption mode are you using ?

and what are the values you have maintained in forward and backward consumption days ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Backward consumption - 30 days

Forward consumption - 15 days

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you give the following details as you see in your planning book :

bucket wise forecast (can be in days, weeks, months) include if any orders in the past too

bucket wise sales orders (as above) - include unconsumed orders in the past

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check WUF for the products where you are finding that no sales order is visible for the month of june.

Also you can check in the forecast tab in /sapapo/rrp3 that what is the status of forecast and sales order.

If you find entry in WUF then do live cache consistancy check with /sapapo/om17.

And remove inconsistancy if any.

Then run transaction /sapapo/ccr to compare ecc and apo system for the materials where you are finding difference.

Since you are able to see proper forecast in july and aug, i do not think that there is any problem in settings.

Hope this will solve the problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Generally, we used to select "DP Time Series" in OM17. For this type of Issues, which tab to be selected. Please Confirm.

Thanks & Regards,

Vinod Chawla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you find any thing in WUF?

becasue it is found many thimes that sales orders / schedule lines / deliveries deleted from ECC will available in APO System.

And om17 select Due delv. schedule / confirmation

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

please check with standard SNP planning book once, if it is giving the same results. also check if you are using different periods in SNP and DP

cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using Standard SNP Planning Book only. Also periods are same in DP and SNP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

do you have holidays in your location calendar?

do you use period split in your location product master?