cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Historical data to DP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am analyzing the advantages and disadvantages of bringing the historical data to DP directly from ECC vs bringing the historical data to DP from BW.

What advantages are there of bringing the historical data to DP from ECC or BW?

Based on your experience, which option is more common?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

my 2 cents info on your query,

1) loading directly from R/3 is ok, but if there issues of system crashes etc. you dont have a back up to rely on

2) loading to BW and then taking from there to APO is the most preferred and best option to take the history as it will serve as central repository and will reduce the nuisance of system crashes etc. also since Central BW is used for every other system like CRM, SEM, R/3 for their reporting pruposes you get ur required chunk of data from single, stable and robust source.

cheers

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Moving the data directly from ECC to DP is not advisable whereas moving from ECC to BW and then to DP is most preferrable option.

From BW, we have options to choose the relevant data fields to DP ie further filteration can be done based on our custom needs like data cleaning etc.,

Moreover, if you use BW, it can be used to extract many reports using ECC or DP or combination of both.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The standard procedure is to move the data to Central storage system of BW (INfo cube) and use the data from BW.

As other Guru said, you will have not system Crash problem, since more data required for DP.

That is the reason, before any DP, we create, Info Objects, Infocube for the purpose.

In addition to BW system, LiveCache (Central memory system, usually used to store current data) is also used for the purpose.

This is the very minute information, which i want to share with you.

Madhava