Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Provider Webservice in Backend ECC system (NW 7.0, Enp1) and PI /XI 7.0,

kkram
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

Our backend ECC is on EnhP4 (there by NW 7.0, EnhP1), As I understand, since NW 7.0, SP 14, webservices runtime has been changed significantly to support asynchronous webservices (through WS-RM).

This ECC system is connected to our PI 7.0 system. In the back end ECC system, when I create ABAP server proxy for a synchronous interface from SPROXY, the generated proxy is also visible as a service in SOAMANAGER. However, when I do the same for asynchronous interface, the service is not visible in SOAMANAGER.

Is this an expected behavior? Does this mean, we can only expose 'out side in' approach webservices in synchronous mode if the ESR is of version 7.0? The reason I say this is when I connect the same ECC system a PI 7.1 system, I am able to expose asynchronous services that are generated out of SPROXY.

The intent here is to design the interfaces in XI 7.0, expose them as web service in ECC and consume the webservice using another EAI tool that supports WS-RM.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

KK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> The intent here is to design the interfaces in XI 7.0, expose them as web service in ECC and consume the webservice using another EAI tool that supports WS-RM.

This is not possible. You need PI 7.1 to achieve this.

Regards

Stefan

kkram
Contributor
0 Kudos

Stefan

Thanks. Your answer makes sense with what we are observing. Do you know if this is documented somewhere in help documentation or some note.

On another note what doesn't make sense to me is why this limitation? Not sure what I am missing. Doesn't the webservice runtime in NW 7.0 support WS-RM from SP14. Why should it be dependent on the version of PI in case of point to point webservice. Unless you say we can use WS-RM in back end NW 7.0 through PI 7.1's WS adapter only.

For me this sounds like a limitation on the NW 7.0/SP14 side. What do you think?

KK

Edited by: Krishnakumar Ramamoorthy on May 31, 2009 5:50 PM

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

WS-RM is a PI 7.1 feature which is not available in PI 7.0.

NW 7.0 was enhanced with WS-RM so that it can connect to PI 7.1 with WS-RM. But PI 7.0 support only message interfaces that with XI protocol. In PI 7.1 you can choose if a service interface uses XI or WS-RM protocol. This is part of the interface definition.

Regards

Stefan

Edited by: Stefan Grube on Jun 1, 2009 5:01 PM

Answers (0)