cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Mail Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

We are getting error messages in SOST and some of the emails are not going out. The error messages is "Cannot process message, no route from USERNAME to SID:500:USERNAME". This client on that SID is used for CUA purposes and the connection is present in SM59 and there is no authorization and connection problem as I tested it there.

Dont know how to resolve this issue. Any hints. The communication method is set to remote mail in SU01 and in SCOT I can see the errors under RML.

Any ideas how to resolve it.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. Are you sure you want to use remote mail? I have normally used internet mail with CUA.

Regards,

Dave.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Most of the users are set to internet mail but some of them are set to remote mail. What is the difference between the two and when we have to use one or the other.

Thanks for your response.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. That's a good question, I am not entirely sure what the difference is. Your basis consultant should be able to help you.

All I know is that I have always used internet mail with CUA and it worked, whereas when we tried to use remote mail with CUA we got the same error you got, so we had to use internet for everything.

I have used remote mail without CUA and it seems to work fine.

Regards,

Dave.