cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Mail Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

We are getting error messages in SOST and some of the emails are not going out. The error messages is "Cannot process message, no route from USERNAME to SID:500:USERNAME". This client on that SID is used for CUA purposes and the connection is present in SM59 and there is no authorization and connection problem as I tested it there.

Dont know how to resolve this issue. Any hints. The communication method is set to remote mail in SU01 and in SCOT I can see the errors under RML.

Any ideas how to resolve it.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) Have u actiaved parameter icm/plugin_<*> in instance profile

2) Set Default domain

3) Schedluled send Job

4) Activated SMTP in SMICM

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. Can you please check wheather SAPCOnnect ( TCode SICF) is activated for your system.

2. Check Code page in SCOT and the name of the mail host.

3. Go to TCode SCOT, Check "Internet" in "Supported address type" click on "Set" and in the "Address Area" put "*"

4. Please also check whether the connection between your SAP server and the mail host( SMTP host) working.

5. Check whether SAPConnect job has been scheduled

If you are still gettting problem please paste Log from SOST.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does the user has a email id mentioned in su01.

Thanks,Prasanna

Edited by: Prasanna K on Jun 1, 2009 3:29 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everybody for the responses. I think I have to explain it more in detail here. In SRM we are using procurement. All the emails go out find to all suppliers. On one day we noticed failures just for one person and it gets repeated whenever the SMTP job runs. That user is set to RML in SU01 that is remote mail. The error messages in SOST is that same as I stated in my problem for the first time. I deleted all of them and its still keeps on throwing the cannot send email message whenever the SMTP job runs. The strange thing is that whenever I delete the message the same number of message appears with the status of waiting. I left it there for a day and then deleted all of them and then it vanished. I dont know how this thing works but the problem is resolved. All the settings/configuration mentioned by you guys are done correctly and I verified it.

At this point I like to understand how remote mail is different from email in SU01. Why the same number of messages keep on coming up as soon as I deleted the failed message in SOST.

Thanks again everybody for all your help.

Shafquat

Re: Remote Mail Error

Posted: Jun 1, 2009 9:40 AM in response to: Shafquat Khan Reply

1) Have u actiaved parameter icm/plugin_<*> in instance profile

2) Set Default domain

3) Schedluled send Job

4) Activated SMTP in SMICM

Anindya Bose

Forum Points: 0

Solved problem (10)

Very helpful answer (6)

Helpful answer (2)

Posted: Jun 1, 2009 11:18 AM in response to: Anish John Reply

1. Can you please check wheather SAPCOnnect ( TCode SICF) is activated for your system.

2. Check Code page in SCOT and the name of the mail host.

3. Go to TCode SCOT, Check "Internet" in "Supported address type" click on "Set" and in the "Address Area" put "*"

4. Please also check whether the connection between your SAP server and the mail host( SMTP host) working.

5. Check whether SAPConnect job has been scheduled

If you are still gettting problem please paste Log from SOST.

Prasanna K

Forum Points: 20

Solved problem (10)

Very helpful answer (6)

Helpful answer (2)

Posted: Jun 1, 2009 3:24 PM in response to: Anindya Bose Reply

Hi,

Does the user has a email id mentioned in su01.

Thanks,Prasanna

Edited by: Prasanna K on Jun 1, 2009 3:29 PM