Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS603 build fails - new ESS component

neeta_patel2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are upgrading our ECC system (to EHP4) and the Portal (to EHP1) and now have new ESS components that need to be built in a track in NWDI.The version of ESS is 603 SP04 and its dependencies are V7.01:

SAP_ESS 603 SP04

EP_BUILDT03P_1

SAPJEE03

SAPBUILDT03

SAPJTECHS03

SAPPPCUIGP04

All the above build fine in Development except SAP_ESS. The failure is:

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java:176)

20090529101345 Fatal :caused by Exception:com.sap.cms.tcs.interfaces.exceptions.TCSCommunicationException: communication error: VcmFailure received: Internal Server Error [(pre||post)-condition failed: Internal Server Error]:communication error: VcmFailure received: Internal Server Error [(pre||post)-condition failed: Internal Server Error]

com.sap.cms.tcs.interfaces.exceptions.TCSCommunicationException: communication error: VcmFailure received: Internal Server Error [(pre||post)-condition failed: Internal Server Error]

at com.sap.cms.tcs.client.DTRCommunicator.integrateChangelist(DTRCommunicator.java:563)

Along with in the default trace file:

#1#java.lang.OutOfMemoryError #1#java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

NOTE: that other builds (MSS, PCUI tracks) are fine. The only one thats failing is the new ESS 603 track.

Also NWDI was upgraded to EHP1 - enhancement Pack 1 - which is NW7.01. and we have been running on our NWDI system for 3 years now and have many tracks supporting production portals.

Any insights ?

Thanks, Neeta

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to restart the NWDI server and do the build again....

Regards,

Shikhil

neeta_patel2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shikhil,

The NWDI server has been restarted a couple of times and the build still fails.

Thanks, Neeta

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ,

If your NWDI installation is running on Oracle 10g Data Base,

SAP note 1001502 applies.

Regards,

Satya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey,

thanks so far. we are running SAPDB though

My last attempt ended with the error "The request queue is not processed by the CBS during the given time intervall ... ". Can I view the CBS log somewhere? When I check the CBS perspectives, the request isnt there. I tried importing the CRMDIC alone because I figured importing all components would take too long. When I start the build and try to reload the webinterface its giving me thread lock errors.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

In CMS web UI,

select the SC for which the build has failed.

CLick on Details.

there you will find three steps,

Repository IMport

CBS make

SDM Deployment

with a link 'view' click on it, you will be able to vie wthe respective logs.

Regards,

Satya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

yes - the given error was from the CBS log, I just didnt see the cause of the fatal error

repository import was successful, sdm is not configured

Former Member
0 Kudos

fixed the problem by setting idlestart to false in visual administrator, CBS settings

snehal_kendre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Neeta,

Which JDK version ru using?

will you try to download a new SAP_ESS 603 SP04 from SAP market place and then try to build it.

neeta_patel2
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Snehal,

The JDK version is 1.4.2_20b.

The Java heap for the server was increased from 2048m to 4096m, restarted the build and now it failes on the CBS import with, in the defaulttrace file, so the good news is that it went further than before but still fails:

WDI_CMSADM#c7423fd04ead11dea8a900144fec02e0#SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_17##0#0#Error#1#/Applications/CMS/TCS#Plain###CBS throws exception during activation: Exc=com.sap.tc.cbs.client.error.CommunicationException: Read timed out (Service call exception; nested exception is:

java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out)#

#1.#00144FEC02E000710000001B000013C100046B4B76AB7030#1243871764508#com.sap.cms.tcs.core.TCSLog#sap.com/tcSLCMS~PCS#com.sap.cms.tcs.core.TCSLog#NWDI_CMSADM#43#SAP J2EE Engine JTA Transaction : [1f6843ffffff9e0004b]#sappnwdi_NWD_526926750#NWDI_CMSADM#c7423fd04ead11dea8a900144fec02e0#SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_17##0#0#Error#1#/Applications/CMS/TCS#Plain###more details on this error: Exc=java.rmi.RemoteException: Service call exception; nested exception is:

java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out#

Regards, Neeta

snehal_kendre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

What i have understand is you have upgraded to NW7.01.

JDK version is 1.4.2_20b

No you have new ESS component which uses 7.1 dependecies.. portal also upgraded to EHP1.

and you have written

NOTE: that other builds (MSS, PCUI tracks) are fine. The only one thats failing is the new ESS 603 track.

for EHP1 7.1 track we need jdk 1.5_0_16.

may be other MSS, PCUI tracks are using 7.0 dependecies so they are fine abt jdk 1.4 but new upgraded ESS will need jdk 1.5_16

This what i have understood.

neeta_patel2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The MSS and PCUI tracks also use the new 7.01 dependencies. With the ESS track, after changing the Java heap from 2048 to 4096, the build is still running after a restart of NWDI - it has been running for 24 hours+ - is this normal? I am hoping that the CBS make and the next phase finishes but should this take so long?This is only in Development - still have to go through consolidation and assembly...

Is there any additional tuning that is required to speed things up?

Where is the requirement for JDK 1.5_0_16 documented? One of the notes indicated 1.4.2_20b.....

Best Regards, Neeta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Neeta,

clear the database logs.check with your basis team on that

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

since the question isnt marked as answered, I will re-use this thread. Import into development is running extremely slow for me too. Can you really speed up this process by clearing database logs?

thanks in advance

neeta_patel2
Participant
0 Kudos

Stefan,

If your NWDI is at version EHP1 (NW 7.01 SP3) , then apply the patch for DTR , note #1361525 . Our symptoms were heavy CPU usage (40+) on a Sun Solaris zone and thread lock situation which has now been fixed with the DTR patch. I hope this applies to your version of NWDI.

Regards, Neeta

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

unfortunately not, we are running 7.00 SP 19

I got a thread lock situation (can not view the CMS) and its running awfully slow for the tiny 230kb CRMDIC SCA alone ;(