cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Solution Manager Service Desk Interface

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

We want to integrate into our helpdesk tool the ICT_SERVICE_DESK_API.

We want to be able to communicate with the SAP SolMan Service Desk. Therefore we have implemented the ICT_SERVICE_DESK_API as a (.NET) WCF WebService.

Currently we are trying to enter the third-party helpdesk as a external helpdesk in the SAP SolMan.

However, we receive an error every time when trying to enter our service desk in the SAP SolMan. The configuration seems to be correct.

Actually we installed a sniffer to analyze the connection between the Webservice and SAP SolMan. After analyzing the packages it became clear that the SAP SolMan does not send any http request to our webservice. The is connection between both systems is fine. We have installed a simple tester for our webservice which is working.

Could it be possible that this is caused by a missconfiguration in SAP?

Are there any other possible reasons?

Thanks in advance for any answers

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas Bell,

i'm new to the webservice in service desk (solution manger 7.1).Can you please provide me the step by step detailed document for connecting .NET with solution manager 7.1 service desk.It will be very much helpful for me

Thanks in advance

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

According to your description it can be a configuration problem in the Solution Manager, a network/firewall issue, a permission issue of the user... basically everything.

To get help for solving a problems it's always a good thing to give as much information as possible, not just "we are receiving error each time...". Without knowing what error you get and how your webservice looks like and what it calls and how, it's simply impossible to help you and everything is just a wild guess.

Just imagine someone is calling you and says "SAP is not working, please help" - what would be your first question?

Markus