cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chain material determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus, I need help with material determination in sales order. I have a material A that should be replaced with material B, and then material B should be replaced by material C. I have set all substitutions in transaction VB11, also set the substitution reason so the original material is automatically replaced by substitution material. The thing is that when I put material A in VA01, it is only replaced by material B, and B is not being replaced by C.

¿Does SAP do chain substitutions?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Rodrigo Montes.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I wish

If I put material A in VA01, It will substitute with material B, As it has been configured

And If I put material B in VA01, It will substitute with material C, Bcoz it has been configured.

I can put both the material in VA01 and the substitution will take place for both the material.

But I haven't tried so far,

Hope it will work for you.

Thanks

Satya

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

No, that is not possible in standard and believe that is not possible through enhancements also.

Material determination happens only for the Material Entered and not for the Material substituted. In your example material entered is A and material substituted is B.

Thanks,

Ravi