cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC 5.2 CC logs storage in cluster environment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello GRC experts,

We are on GRC 5.2 and Compliance calibrator is one of the component that was implemented. We have 3 server nodes configured for the Java system in clustered environment.

We are running background jobs for user analysis, management etc in configuration tab. When we login into CC using the URL, we are logged in dynamically to random server node. The issue now is that logs for background jobs are being stored locally in that random server node. We are not able to access the log files when we logoff and logback again as it will login the user to a different server node. This is frustrating as each time we may login into a random server node and the logs for the background job may or may not be present.

At the OS level, I observed that they are being stored at the following locations with file names ccappcomp.<0>.log

/usr/sap/GRC/JC00/j2ee/cluster/server<X>/log

X- server node number...

Is there a way where we can configure such that the logs are stored at same location. We already implemented for spool which had a similar issue using the note 1088481. Can you pls. advice for CC logs?

I appreciate your answers...

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello GRC experts,

The above issue was said to be addressed in SP12 and SP13 of CC_5.2 as per the note 1022187. The notes state that following issues were resolved in SP12 and SP13

Unable to view log files of a multi-node environment from a single

screen. - SP12

Problem in viewing logs from different application servers. - SP13

We are on SP13 and still cannot see Compliance calibrator job logs of different server nodes when logged onto one server node...Do we need to make any additional settings?

Can anyone let me know if this issue was already for you? I appreciate your help..

Thanks,

Venkateswara Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Venkateswara,

In 5.2 you can view the logs from the multiple server from the following screen.

http://<server-name>:<port-number>/webdynpro/dispatcher/sap.com/grc~ccappcomp/BgJobStart?debug=1

It is a DEBUG URL and you can view the logs from above screen by selecting the server node from drop down.Apart from this there is no other way or screen from where you can view the logs from multiple server in 5.2.

However in 5.3, apart from above you can view the multiple server logs from Configuration-> Background Job-> Search-> View log also.

Regards,

Shweta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shwetha,

Thanks for the answer.

Is there no other way we access these logs from another screen? Since the debug URL gives access to run queries, I am afraid to give to non-administrators.

Regards,

Venkateswara Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In 5.2, this feature is only provided in debug screen and it will not be available in any other screen. However in 5.3 this feature is available in View log button only.

Shweta