cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pyment Order - Deposits Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm working with SAP DM and I have to do payment order for an account, but the system does not allow it, because the account has a bank transfer with posting date and value date

of January 1st, Item type name: ordering party and status In Postprocessing.

How can I do the payment order successfully?

Regards,

Natalia

Edited by: Natalia Duran on May 29, 2009 4:55 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

joerg_wegener
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Natalia,

could you provide some further information? I am not 100% sure I understand your scenario. I can see two possibilities from what you have written:

1. The ordering party item in your example is the item from your order. In that case, the recipient item cannot be processed until the ordering party item is fixed. The reason is that money might leave the bank (if it is an external item) or end up at another internal account and be spent / withdrawn (if the recipient is internal to the bank), and the bank would have to cover the loss. For risk reasons, recipient items are only processed after the successful posting of the ordering party item.

Solution: check why the ordering party item is in postprocessing. Could be that there is not enough money on the account, or simply that the balance was locked at the time you tried to post the item, and the automatic retry feature in your system is deactivated. Go to the disposition office and fix the item; this should start the processing of the recipient item.

(Note: in more complex scenarios in which the SAP Payment Engine interacts with SAP DM, there are more possibilities, but I assume that you are using the DM-internal payment order)

2. Your order is not processed because of another ordering party item (not the one in your order) is in post processing. This should only happen if there are insufficient funds on the account, or if there is a more general problem with the account. Example: a lock on the account, for example because the account holder filed for bankruptcy or died.

Could you shed some light on the details of your problem?

Thanks and kind regards,

Joerg Wegener