cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDM & Portal Single Sign-On

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I've set up IDM on it's own Web AS Java 7.1, and the interface is working great.

I have my Portal set up on another 7.01 (EHP1 SP3) system.

I have exchanged the certificates between them, using the NWA, and when I am logged into one of them, if I type the URL of the other system in, and hit enter, I get logged in without any prompt for a password (indicating a successful SSO setup)

I have followed the instructions in the document: +"Installing and configuring the Identity

Management User Interface"+ section: +"Integrating Identity Management User Interface in the SAP

NetWeaver Portal"+ but it is critically light on detail.

It tells you to import the EPA portal transport, which I do, and it imports ok, I get an Identity Management Role,(as well as workset and iView) which I assign to myself, and the tab shows up in my Portal when I am logged on.

However, it makes no mention of the 2 other critical steps needed:

1. SSO setup - (Complete, see #1 below)

2. System Definition / Web Dynpro Destination definition

1. The SSO Setup is critical, so that the user is not prompted for a username/password when they hit that iView. I have good experience herein, so I have configured and tested that, and it should be working fine.

2. For the IDM iViews in the Portal to work, I need to at the very least point them to the hostname & HTTP Port where my AS Java with IDM is installed. There is no reference to that in the documentation anywhere that I can find, and there is no "System" definition imported through the EPA; only the 3 elements - Role, iView & page.

In IDM 7.0, you created an HTTP system with the alias "idmWorkflow" in order to integrate the PHP Workflow interface (which did not work on the x64 platform due to bugs with the x64 ISAPI filter) but the definition there was comprehensive. Here, it seems to be missing.

Has anyone else seen this? Can you help me out?

Thanks in advance,

Troy Shane

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, so, as it turns out, due to the IDM UI's migration to a Web Dynpro architecture, when you set up the IDM UI, you MUST install both the AS Java SCA, as well as the Portal EPA packages onto whichever Portal you are planning on running this from.

I did try setting up the Portal integration with just a simple URL iView, which worked ok, but there were a couple of formatting (header) issues, and the 'Log off' button stayed present on the embedded iView, which is less than desirable.