Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebDynpro ABAP : reserving rows for user data-entry in an editable ALV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sub: WebDynpro ABAP : reserving rows for user data-entry in an editable ALV

Hi,

I would like to know the procedure to reserve say, 3 rows for user data entry if user enters through an editable field in the ALV that he needs to enter data for 3 rows.

{My application requires reserving of 3 rows for the user in case he enters that he needs 3 rows. Is this possible?? Or is it the case that user can enter data in a new row only by pressing the "Append row" or "Insert row" buttons available in the toolbar of the editable ALV??}

Thanks,

Adithya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michelle,

Thanks for the tip on mass entry.

I wanted to know further:

1) if it is possible to change the focus into the next row based on completeness of user data-population in the current row. i.e, can i navigate programmatically into the next row if the user completes data entry on the current row, and prompt him to enter data in the next row now????

2) Also, is it possible to populate some data (for eg. the date) in 3 rows if the user enters "3" in one of the columns? Any leads on how to achieve this would be great.

Thx in advance.

Adi

0 Kudos

Hi Adithya,

the ALV toolbar buttons (insert row, append row) only allow the insertion or appending of 1 row to the current table.

The ALV can be called in a mass data entry mode:

cl_salv_wd_config_table->if_salv_wd_table_settings~set_edit_mode( if_salv_Wd_c_table_settings=>edit_mode_mass ).

This results in the display of an editable table containing all data lines and a full page of empty data lines at the end.

regards,

Michelle Braun