Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

subcontracting inspection

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

we are planning to implement subcontracting inspection,

I need to go through some document to get clear picture about this.

01 inspection origin will fulfill this .

Gajesh, said it is well defined in PLM 420,

Gajesh,Can you please forward me the PLM 420 doc

or

How can I get that doc.

if any link....or web site plz forward to me

we are planning to implement subcontact inspection?

Thanks

SAMI

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Shreya

1 ) The inspection lot that will be created like this will not have any stock posting tab

2) cost accounting can be done through QM order wheren in you can maintain an activity type and an post the time inproportion to the cost

Regards

Gajesh

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sami

These are the features available for the external processing.

1) You can plan the operations in an order that are to be performed externally by vendors, using the control key for external processing.

2) In this case, a purchase requisition is created, when the order is released.

3) The purchase requisition is converted into a purchase order. The reference to the order remains.

4 ) If a quality inspection is planned for an externally-processed operation, an inspection lot is created when the externally-processed goods are received.

To do this. in routing you have to mention a control key with external processing enabled. Double click on the control key and then go to External processing and maintain all the PO related datas and the inspection type.

When GR is done against the order inspection lot is created

hope this helps

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gajesh,

I had the same problem and i read this thread.

I have some doubts.

I activated inspection type 0130 in the inspection feild present in routing(under external processing details)

When i did GR of WIP from vendor,lot was created.Now i took UD and rejected it.There was no option of stock posting on UD screen.

Now i want to know what effect will this have on the cost.

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sami

DO you mean that one of the operation in routing will be a subcontracting inspection(external processing).

explain the full process at your end . I will give you the stepwise guidance

regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gajesh

Thanks for the quick response

My design is Create an subcontract info record,in routing one operation is external,( assign vendor), copy of 01 inspection type assign to that material, -

once Prod.order created, GI and while GR inspect the goods and confirm the operation.

There is no direct document regarding subcontracting process that is reason why i asked PLM420,

if you have can you please forward to me or atleast that subcontracting process alone forward to me?

Thanks

Sami

Edited by: sami sami on May 31, 2009 5:37 AM

Edited by: sami sami on May 31, 2009 5:38 AM