cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCMSPING agent won't show abap availability

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good morning all.

I am trying to configure availability monitoring and have run into an issue.

I have setup our environments within RZ21, and virtually all show availability without issue. However, our production systems will only show the availability for our JAVA, but the ABAP always shows 0.

I have confirmed the message server settings, and all seems correct. However, when I attempt a test ping, I get an error that the message server is unreachable. I have confirmed that it can be pinged from a command prompt. Here is the log from dev_ccmsping:

***LOG Q0I=> NiPConnect2: connect (10061: WSAECONNREFUSED: Connection refused) [nixxi.cpp 2823]

• ERROR => NiPConnect2: SiPeekPendConn failed for hdl 2 / sock 444

(SI_ECONN_REFUSE/10061; I4; ST; 172.16.83.206:8101) [nixxi.cpp 2823]

• ERROR => Connection to server sappx1 failed [csmhttp.c 341]

I am not 100% sure of which RFC's are responsible for the monitoring so I haven't confirmed the RFC.

If someone can shed some light on which RFC I should evaluate it would be appreciated, as well as any suggestions for why the abap server can't be reached.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Update...we have it able to ping via CCMSPING Test, and to do this we simply removed the message server host name and IP service name and added the following router string (company specifics replaced with XXX):

/H/sappe1.corporate.XXXXXX.XXX/S/3299

Now all pings, yet we are still unable to obtain any monitoring information for the ABAP instance. If we re-add the host name, it fails as unable to reach message server. The IP service name will ping either way - with or without it being entered.

Any suggestions as to what it is that we are missing?

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the same rz21 screen, you should be able to check the 'responsible ping destination'. check from the menu bar or from the dropdown options after selecting a particular row for a system