cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xml to xml

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all.

i am getting a metadata from BW system in XML format and then i have to some manipulation in PI and then the resultant XML file should be uploaded in another BW server. in this case when i am trying to create data type in PI converting XML file to schema file then m getiing error.

please help me in creating scenario.

i converted XML to schema thr the link "http://www.hitsw.com/xml_utilites/" but generated schema giving error in creating nodes in data type...

and also tell me how to convert XML to schema ??

thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

An external definition enables you to import a local WSDL, XSD, or DTD file to the Integration Repository and specify which parts of the schema to extract as the description for a message. You can use these extracted message schema as:

● Output or input messages in message interfaces

● Source or target structures for message mappings

while creating external def ,In the Mode list field, choose which parts of the document you want to interpret as a message schema

for detail see this [http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/26/9e97b0f525d743882936c2d6f375c7/frameset.htm]

The mapping editor can load the message structures from external definitions and XML schema definitions (XSD) or XML files from a local file to the structure overview:

In the case of XSD files the mapping editor generates an XML representation for both the source structure and the target structure in each case. If the XSD file contains more than one global element, use a dialog box to select one global element as the root element.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ih alreday have XML with you convert in XSD.

Use Stylus Studio OR xml SPY

Download XML spy free version available

1) open XML document using XML Spy.

2)Go to DTD/Schema option in menu

3)Select Genarate DTD/Shema,

select Shema and it will genarate XSD .

Import in to XI

thats it buddy..

Cheers,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all

Is it possible to get one XML file using multiple "message mapping"

bcz when i uploaded file in external definition then i got multiple messages so i have to create multiple

message mapping please help me.

or if it is possible tell me step by step to do XML to XML in IR and ID part

thanks

dharamveer_gaur2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

XML Spy have various conversion option. U can covert XML to schema, check in Menu you will find

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> and also tell me how to convert XML to schema ??

> quote}

You can use XML editor tools like Altova XML spy.... a trial version is available online...

Regards,

Arvind R

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to either create a Data Type manually or you have to upload the schema as external definition.

YOu cannot use the schema to create a data type.

Regards,

Ravi Kanth Talagana

Former Member
0 Kudos

can u please tell me how to do step by step if i have XML file ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

Once you have created Data Types in IR,then why do you need to create a Schema for it again?

Thanks

Aamir