cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limitation of sender file adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am working on a file to proxy scenario.Data is coming from MDM and goes to BW through PI. The question is approx. 1,70000 records will be passing from MDM through PI to BW. Is my File adapter is well versed to handle the said quantity of records at one shot? If,not what is the other alternative. If file adpater is not able to handle then i need to tell my clients with a valid proof.

Can anyone help me out.I have points for every valid answer.

Thanks

Veeru

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Basically the maximum allowable limit is based on hardware configuration in your xi system. If you are having txt file then using recordset parameter you can reduce the file size for each payload. Look the below guide for your reference.

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/423f5046-0a01-0010-2698-b2dc7c3185f1]

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/72e2bb90-0301-0010-e883-c390ad8a975a]

Regards,

Prakasu.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

Limitation of XI depends upon the message size,not on number of messages,if you send all of these records in a single file,then most probably it will fail but if you are sending these records in smaller chunks then they all will be processed in due time.

Thanks

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aamir,

Can we send this records in smaller chunks through PI by doing some settings in file adapter as i am not using any content conversion.

Thanks

Veeru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since you are not doing any content conversion,it tells me that its an XML file,right?

If yes,then you can not use "Recordsets per message" as that will result in faulty XML payload.

Can you just check what is the total file size when you put all these messages in a single file?

Thanks

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Aamir,

Actually,in one XML file,there will be approx. 2,00000 records.My concern is, Can PI handle this much size of records. If it bursts in between,:).

Thanks

Veeru

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>Actually,in one XML file,there will be approx. 2,00000 records

Thats nothing:)

Go ahead and test your scenario.

Thanks

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Ameer.I have got the solution..Its working fine.

Thanks

Veeru

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Gurus,

> I am working on a file to proxy scenario.Data is coming from MDM and goes to BW through PI. The question is approx. 1,70000 records will be passing from MDM through PI to BW. Is my File adapter is well versed to handle the said quantity of records at one shot? If,not what is the other alternative. If file adpater is not able to handle then i need to tell my clients with a valid proof.

>

> Can anyone help me out.I have points for every valid answer.

>

> Thanks

> Veeru

for the maximum file size that can be handled by XI ref File Adapter: SAP Note 821267

in case you have no content conversion happening, more file/record size can be easily handled by XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Does the 1,70000 records will pass thorugh PI wzout any difficulty as i am not using sender file adapter content conversion? I do understand that we can achieve this by specifying the value in the +*"RecordSetsPer Message" parameter in the sender file adapter content conversion*.

I am not using any content conversion.Can we pass the above said quantity of records at one shot?

Thanks

Veeru

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

as said before it all depends on your hardware. But without content conversion the records should pass through. Try doing a trial run to confirm.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vijay,

I will give a trial run and let u know.

Thanks

Veeru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Vijay.I have got the solution..Its working fine.

Thanks

Veeru