cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error during activation of business content

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am facing problems during the activation of the standard business content.

I am trying to activate the infocube 0ic_c03 material stock movement. We are using BW version 3.5 patch level 13.

while activating the business content and using the grouping "in data flow before" there are several errors which come up during the simulation install such as

infoobject XXX is not available in version A

Error when reading data target XXXX

Data source XX not mantained

Key figure XXX is not available in version D

In order to avoid activating pre-installed objects i have deselected them.

I am in urgent need of some help. So any ideas that will help to resolve my problem are assured of being rewarded handsomely!!

thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AHP

Thanks.. I tried doing a simulation install with th e grouping as only necessary as you had suggested. It gave me some warnings but no errors.

If i activate the cube with this grouping how would i activate the other dependant objects that are before this? Essentially those are the objects which are creating the errors

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pranav,

if you search in the metadata repositary for this cube, it will show you the business content version also.

check out the data flow there which will tell you the infosource names and the update rules populating the same.

you can activate the necessary infosources as per your requirment with the Only necessary objects option.

then can go ahead and activate the update rules.

Please on the R/3 side in rsa5 activate the necessary datasources, and replicate them in BW.

Hope this helps..

thanks,

edwin_harpino
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

yes, with 'only necessary objects' it will activate all dependant objects which needed for that infocube.

try to 'install'. then transfer datasource in r/3 and replicate in bw. after that with grouping 'in dataflow before'.

hope this helps.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone!

Thanks the responses have been encouraging and i do see a glimmer of hope

since i am fairly new at this I wanted to know

1. does it make sense to install (or activate) the infoobjects which are shown as not available in version A individually and then trying the install of the infocube. It does remove the errors associated with the infoObject as i saw with one infoobject. Does this have any other impact

2. For the data sources i went to rsa5 on the source r3 system. but the data sources listed in the errors were not found (the data source errors that are shown are of the type 0DBDUNS_IMPORT_XXX). Also it is my understanding that the data sources that are required for the inventory cube are 2lis_03_bx , 2lis_03_bf and 2lis_03_um. Is this correct? I do not see them indicated in these errors. What do i do once i am in rsa5 and i select these datasources?

thanks in advance!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pranav,

you need not install infoobjects one by one. try to install the infosource and use the grouping to select the necessary objects to be installed.

you only need to install it individually when there is some error mentioning that a particular object is not avilalbe in active version.

2. Yes, you are right. these are the 3 datasources needed for inventory cubes.

thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aby

Thanks for the response...

this is regarding the first part of my query where u had said that i need to install only if the object is not in active version.

The thing is that i do not see an error when i do a simulate install with the grouping as necessary objects but there are some warnings.

However when i do a simulate install using the grouping " before " there are some errors which show that certain objects are not in version A.

As per my understanding this is what i am doing now.

1. install the cube using the grouping "necessary objects"

2. transfer the datasources from r/3 to bw using rsa5

3. reinstall the content using "necessary objects"

IS this correct?

thanks !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranav,

First install the infoobjects for that cube with neccessory option and install in the background. again next take cube with before option and install it in the background mode...hope it helps.

thanks,

Vachan

edwin_harpino
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Pranav,

infoobject XXX is not available in version A

-> try to activate with 'only necessary objects' first.

'Data source XX not mantained '

to activate with 'in dataflow before', make sure you transfer the business content datasource (2LIS_03_BX) in r/3 with rsa5 and replicate to bw. http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/ed/16c29a27db6e4d81a015be8673eb80/frameset.htm

hope this helps.