cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application not visible in PDA after server deployment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I developed an Mi 7.1 application.Deployed all the sdas in the Mi server using sdoe_upload_archive.I created a device.Assigned all the mobile components to the device .I synchronized the device and it is successful.

I can see the service and mobile ui component in the mobileapps folder of the device.

But I am not able to see the application in the application launcher of the PDA.

Any clues in resolving this?

Thanks and regards,

Rajesh.A

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

In the PDA for application links to be visible User Authorisation Check is not considered it is that your User Details from the Server have to reach the client.

Initially when you have created a user , it is just locally created but after registration these user details come from the server.

You will have to check if your SAP BASIS have become operational if not you need to upload the latest

NWMCLIENT.SCA of the same client version.

NOTE : Never assign the SAP BASIS DMSWCV manually coz its a security loop hole.

After uploading the new NWMCLIENT.SCA you need to install the client afresh and check.

One more thing you need to check is have you ticked for the application to be visible on the client if deployed has gone through fine.

Also check for the Queues. Check if the UserDetails are still in the pending extracts.

Thanks,

Swarna

Former Member
0 Kudos

The issue of Application not visible in PDA happens to me a lot.

Development:

1a) In NWDS, check that the UI component has an Application; so under the UI > WebDynPro node, under Applications node, there is an element for your application.

1b) As mentioned from previous poster, there needs to be an Application component that is associated to the UI copmonent

DOE Administration

2) Make sure the DMSWCV - SAP BASIS 7.10 SWCV becomes Operational (checked) upon registration\sync

2b) Sometimes it doesnt - you might need to re-assign, click on Manage DMSWVCs and assign it again.

2c) check that mobile components assigned to the device are all in Tested Successfully state

3) Users - reassign the user, sometimes the MI client does not pick up the authorization on first try.

4) And as mentioned, you can do the ALL_APPS_VISIBLE check, but does not always work. If one of the previous points is not good.

MI Client:

5) the bypass of the Authorization check with the properties file as mentioned from previous usually solves it too, but you might be masking an underlying issue.

Those are just the steps I go through when I encounter the Application not visible issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajesh,

one simple question here : you mentioned , you could see ui & sc folders in ur client right.

How about app related folder?

hope that is also there ?

If it is not there , that means application component is not deployed completely.

Check this link(in case needed)...for more details on components & deployment

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/profile?editmode=true&userid=3624283

Regards,

Lakshmi

Edited by: Lakshmi Reddi on Jun 1, 2009 1:14 PM

0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

The application link may not be visible for the below given reason. Check whether it solves your issue :

Reason 1. If the role SAP_DOE_ALL_APP_VISIBLE is missing for the user on the DOE system, then the application link is not visible on the home page.

Solution 1. Add the role via agents in the NWM portal.You should also perform a delta download for the following data objects in the SAP BASIS 7.10 software component version (SWCV):

1. USERDETAILS

2. USER_AUTHORIZATION

-

Reason 2. The application link is not visible because of the user authorization issue. Check whether the SAP BASIS 7.10 software component version is assigned to the device or not.

If the SAP BASIS 7.10 software component version is not assigned to the device, then follow either of the steps specified below (2a or 2b):

Solution 2a. Disable the authorization check on the mobile client

(For PDAs)

This can be done by creating a configuration.properties file in the \MI\Settings\ folder with the entry com.sap.tc.mobile.cfs.deploy.check_authorizations=false. Stop and start the client. The file is consumed, the authorization check is disabled, and then the application is visible in the application launcher.

Solution 2b. Assign the authorization-related SWCV to the device (in the NWM portal)

In the NWM portal, go to the DMSWCV tab in Device Management. Manually assign the SWCV containing the authorization data objects (SAP BASIS 7.10). Trigger an extract. Synchronize the device. The authorization objects are now available on the device. The application appears in the application launcher.

-

Reason 3. If the installed client version and the NWMCLIENT.SCA version uploaded in the DOE are different, even then the application link is not visible on the home page.

Solution 3. Upload the NWMCLIENT.SCA (same version of the client) to the DOE using transaction SDOE_UPLOAD_ARCHIVE.

-

Regards,

Suma

sivasatyaprasad_yerra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should have SAP_DOE_ALL_APP_VISIBLE role to see the application link in the client. Check whether this role is assigned in server.

If no, then assign the role to your user and trigger delta load for USER_AUTHORIZATION object in SAP BASIS 7.10 SWCV.

Then perform sync from client.

Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh

Create a configuration.properties file inside MI -> settings folder with the following contents

com.sap.tc.mobile.cfs.deploy.check_authorizations=false

Restart the client and check if application link is visible.

Regards

Vidyadhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Do you mean the application link doesnt come up in the device?

If the sap basis dataobject userdetails instance doesnt reach device, then application link may not be visible.

May be you can check whether userdetails DO shows pending extracts still for your device. or if it is in outbound queue of the device, then do one more sync.

Regards,

Liji