cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing step in order to find the SAP Connector Class

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have just now created the SAP and .net connectivity by doing the following activities:

Installation of Portal Add in ( SAP Portal Add-in 2.0 for Visual Studio.exe)

Installation of Portal Runtime ( SAP Portal Runtime e.0 for Microsoft.net exe)

But When I am trying to create a project in Visual Studio, I am not able to find <b>SAP Connector Class</b> as the new item.

Could someone point out the missing step before adding the SAP Connector Class as mentioned in the examples in help.sap.com. Do I need to do some more setup for connecting to R/3 server like registering DLLs etc?

Thanks and Regards

Krupa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This item is available if you install SAP .NET Connector. The Connector is not part of the PDK but must be downloaded and installed separately from service.sap.com/connectors .

Please note that the current version is 2.0.1 and comes with documentation integrated into VS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reiner,

Thanks for the reply. I have installed SAP Connector.

Now, when I am trying to add the SAP server using the Server Explorer, its allowing me to add the server. But when I am trying to browse the Functions or anything, its failing with a message, 'Open file C:\WINNT\sapmsg.ini failed'. Any idea what needs to be done?

Thanks and Regards

Krupakar

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try specifying a single server direclty. Select "Custom Logon Settings" and enter the values for ApplicationServer, SystemNumber, Username, Client and Password.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reiner,

Thanks for your reply. I am able to connect to the server now using the Custom Logon. But there is one thing that I have observed is that, its happening when connecting to SAP 4.7. But not able to create the Application server connection to SAP 4.6c Server. Is there any special requirement that we can connect from 4.7 onwards using the SAP Connector? I have allready posted this question as a separate one.

Thanks and Regards

Krupakar Oleti

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem solved.Thanks. .NET 2003 supports 4.6c ... ofcourse !

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just read that you could NOT establish a successful connection with 4.6c SAP Server ? I have been trying a lot to connect .NET 2003 to SAP 4.6c Server. I'm getting the -

SAP.Connector.RfcException: Missing R3NAME=... or ASHOST=... in connect blah blah error...

Can someone tell me if this problem is due to my infrastructure ? (I mean the 4.6c Server with VS 2003 ?)