Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Organizational Responsibility in SRM 5.00

ian_owen
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello SRM experts

Apologies if this is an elementary question.

We are setting up purchasers to be responsible for certain categories through the Responsibility tab in PPOMA_BBP. Then we are assigning which locations they are responsible for beneath.

Is it possible that a purchaser can be responsible for categories A, B and C for Organization 1 but only categories A and B for Organization 2, with a completely different purchaser being responsible for category C in Organization 2.

Thanks for your time.

Ian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member544585
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ian,

Yes, your scenario is possible and standard. The system will look at the Responsibility tab to determine the correct Purchasing Group during a Shopping Cart creation.

Cheers,

Serguei

ian_owen
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Serguei

How would it determine which purchaser to suggest as there does not appear to be a way to distinguish which plant/location buyer is the correct one for the material category?

The responsability tab just allows you to list the categories they are assigned to and the list of locations they are responsible for. To me this always assumes that they are responsible for all the categories listed and the locations specified, but does not take into consideration a segregation of responsability at one of the loactions.

Is this possbile?

Location A

Buyer 1 is responsible for Categories X, Y and Z

Location B

Buyer 1 is responsible for Categories X and Y.

Buyer 2 is responsible for Category Z.

Regards

Ian

former_member544585
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ian,

If Buyer 1 and Buyer 2 belong to the same SRM Purchasing Group (e.g. PGroup 100), then the system will obviously determine this PGroup only - no segregation. To segregate, you need to have the buyers in different PGroups, e.g.

Buyer 1 - PGroup 100

Buyer 2 - PGroup 200

Then you model the org Responsibility for these two PGroups as you described, and arrive at the needed determination in your purchasing documents.

Cheers,

Serguei

ian_owen
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Serguei

The buyers are already in separate Purch Grps.

I'll try to outline what we currently have in more detail

Purch Grp X

Product Responsibility:

Cat 1

Cat 2

Cat 3

Org Responsibility:

Plant A

Plant B

Purch Grp Y

Product Responsibility:

Cat 3

Org Responsibility:

Plant B

As you can see, a buyer belonging to PG X can purchase for Plant A and B for all categories, with PG Y only allowing to purchase Cat 3 in Plant B. The scenario I am looking to implement would involve PG X being allowed to purchase Cat 1, 2 and 3 for Plant A, but only be responsible for 1 and 2 in Plant B. I don't see how this can be done through PPOMA_BBP responsibility tab as it only seems to allow for all specified categories in all the specified plants.

Thanks

Ian

former_member544585
Contributor
0 Kudos

Ian, after your detailed explanation I finally got you. Sorry for being a bit slow :). You're right - you cannot model this scenario (a set of product categories for each org unit) via the standard PPOMA_BBP function. This kind of logic can only be implemented with a BAdI. Look at these two:

BBP_PGRP_FIND

BBP_PGRP_ASSIGN_BADI

[Difference|https://forums.sdn.sap.com/click.jspa?searchID=26907004&messageID=5890860]

Cheers,

Serguei

ian_owen
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Serguei

Thanks for confirming what I suspected and also for suggesting the 2 BADIs.

Regards

Ian

Answers (0)