Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Render PDF without viewing?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have following szenario:

I have an interactive form, I want to fill it with data retrieved dynamically and then I want to make the PDF downloadable without the need to show it in Reader first. The user shall continue to fill in data into the prefiled PDF "offline" outside of the browser.

When I make the Interactive Form element visible, everything works as expected and I get my prefilled PDF and I can download it. The pdfsource in the context is filled with binary data.

When the element is invisible, nothing happens...

Is the Adobe Reader required in the process of putting data into an interactive form?

Thx for any help or ideas,

Frank

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

For your requirement you need to design an Offline Adobe Interactive Form ABAP Based i.e. here you design the AIF similar to Smartform using a ABAP Driver Program. In that driver program you need to include the below two lines

fp_outputparams-nodialog = 'X'.
fp_outputparams-getpdf   = 'X'.

before call to function "FP_JOB_OPEN". Imediately after the call to this function module write the below program lines, these lines are to make the Adobe Form as Interactive.

fp_docparams-fillable = 'X'.
fp_docparams-dynamic  = 'X'.

Now proceed with other steps and while calling the PDF Form dynamically using the function module dont forget to mention the IMPORTING Statement. After the call to function "FP_JOB_CLOSE", you can have the Complete PDF in the XSTRING Format in the IMPORTING Statement. Generally the IMPORTING Statement looks like

IMPORTING
                /1BCDWB/FORMOUTPUT       = fpformoutput

so you can get the PDF by accessing like "fpformoutput-pdf".

So here convert that XSTRING PDF into BINARY format and write the Steps in ABAP to download to desktop directly.