cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMD Web link not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am implementing E2E diagnostics but recently SMD web link that is http://<host>:<port>/smd/admin stopped working if you could please help me on this.

Thanks

Suveer

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What SPS are you on?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its Solution Manager 7.0 EHP1..Additionally we just upgrade it to solman ehp1 from solman7.0. Previously it was working fine.

Thanks

Suveer

Former Member
0 Kudos

I already suspected that

After installation to EHP1 the weblink you used to use doesn't work anymore.

You should use the work centers, tab root cause analysis.

The link http://<server>:<port>/smd still works but is only used for configuration.

Hope this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Thanks for the response. I need to perform configuration for SMD by this link so is it required to activate any specific services?

Also if you could guide me work centers i.e. how can i use that tcode etc. that would be really grt help.

Thanks

Suveer

Former Member
0 Kudos

To be able to use the link you don't need to activate any services.

Did you use tx solman_setup yet?

This should guide you through most of the setup process, including SMD.

As far as the workcenters go, really easy, activate some webdynpro's in tx SICF.

Assign roles SM_WORK* to your user and you are ready to go!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Thanks for the helpful answer, Do i need to install anything else like ISagent..,other than SMD agent on managed system.Also i am getting one error while managed system configuration in transaction "solman_setup" here i can see two entries for my BI (managed) system ABAP and java when i select java part it gives me message "error in technical configuration" and when i select ABAP par it says SMD agent not found if you could please guide.

Thanks

Suveer

Former Member
0 Kudos

For a complete E2E RCA you need to have both and SMD agent and a IS agent installed.

As both collect different data.

As for the errors go, still relevant?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Thanks for helpful answers one last query do i need to install IS agent on my managed system (that is BI System) as at last screen of Managed system config i couldnt find/see any agent on wily agent configuration.

Thanks

Suveer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Additinally currently i installed IS agent7.0XX on SolMan only till now.

Thanks

Suveer

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need agents on all systems you want to monitor.

Unless your systems run on the same physical hardware.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi David,

Thanks..ur ans are helpful..i checked them in OSS as well..

thanks

suveer