cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java for UDF's

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Kindly guide me towards some basic principles or guidelines to master writing UDF's.

I have neither a Java nor an ABAP background,but i have begun SAP PI and done some straight one to one mappings and some idoc scenarios as well

Actually i want to know , the extent to which i have to know Java,If i am required to even begin learning basic Java ..what all should i basically cover and some pointers from you on the same.

I want to do selective study on Java topics so that I can learn and practise UDF's

I need some help and basic starting steps for writing effective user defined functions.

Do I have to be a Java expert to write UDF's , I actualy want to learn and master the concept of queues and contexts and consequently result lists etc.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Basic Core java , mainly with String functions

and other methods is more than enough

rgds

srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks

And how do I learn more about the queues . contexts in PI perspectives

are there any docs or example scenarios explaining them ?

please let me know if you can help me with some

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/06/09/introduction-to-queues-in-message-mapping

/people/rohit.kalugade/blog/2008/12/08/context-and-queue-in-message-mapping-udf

/people/rohit.kalugade/blog/2009/02/09/context-and-queue-in-message-mapping-udf-150-part2

Rgds

srini

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For writing complex UDFs, java mapping or adapter module, learning java is very important. You need just Core java knowledge initially but for adapter modules advanced java knowledge is also required. Most important is to understand the Object Oriented concepts for the language and then the syntax could be found anywhere.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks

And how do I learn more about the queues . contexts in PI perspectives

are there any docs or example scenarios explaining them ?

please let me know if you can help me with some

or is it possible fro you to help me wth some java course or book . you would sggest to start up with ?

Edited by: sd on May 29, 2009 1:53 PM