Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Receiver Adapter Empty Lines

christian_praus
Explorer
0 Kudos

High Experts

I have a scenario Proxy->PI->Flate file. My problem is, there is an empty line at the beginning and at the end of the generated file. I am doing Content Conversion with the following parameters:

LineItem.fieldSeparator '~'

LineItem.fieldFixedLengths 10,10,10,19,2,10,1,3,2,3,4,2,2,2,2,3,2,1,2,2,2,10,10,10,8

LineItem.fixedLengthTooShortHandling Cut

What am I doing wrong?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

christian_praus
Explorer
0 Kudos

High Shabarish

yes i am doing variable substitution and using "Cut". Following your advice I tried to change my configuration and didn't use variable substitution (I hardcoded the filename) and "Cut" anymore before using dynamic configuration. But nothing changed, there are still 2 empty lines. I think Dynamic Configuration won't solve my problem.

Regards Christian

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

this occurs whenever CUT option is used.

Are you using variable substitution? My suggestion to to avoid variable substitution and use dynamic configuration - /people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2009/03/26/dynamic-configuration-vs-variable-substitution--the-ultimate-battle-for-the-file-name

christian_praus
Explorer
0 Kudos

High Shabarish

yes i am doing variable substitution and using "Cut". Following your advice I tried to change my configuration and didn't use variable substitution (I hardcoded the filename) and "Cut" anymore before using dynamic configuration. But nothing changed, there are still 2 empty lines. I think Dynamic Configuration won't solve my problem.

Regards Christian

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

try with LineItem.endSeparator = 'nl'

can even check this WIKI:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=/display/profile/2007/07/30/removingtheemptylineduringReceiverFCC%2521

Regards,

Abhishek.

Edited by: abhishek salvi on May 29, 2009 4:51 PM