cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in deleting invoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

While deleting an invoice through tcode 'VF11', I am getting the following error message:

Document number PL10 3000253 2009 was already assigned .

Please suugest why this error is occuring and how to rectify it.

Thanks and Regards,

Kanupriya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friend,

FI accounting docment will be cleared only when you receive the payment from Cstomer.

For this you have to goto F-28 and do the incoming payment in that transaction

Give the document date and posting date, Bank account details

and the customer against whom you are getting the payments.

regards,

santosh

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to VF03, key in the billing document and check for document flow. See what is showing against the billing document. As per your indication it should have been "Completed" and "Not cleared" for accounting document.

Also ensure that there is no subsequent document like PGR, credit or debit memo in which case, you need to reverse / cancel all subsequent documents.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

In the tcode VF03, the status of Accounting Document is 'Not Cleared'. Is this what is creating problem while deleting the invoice?

Please guide me how to clear the Accounting Document.

Regards,

Kanupriya

skrishen9
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kanupriya

It seems that the accounting document is not being cleared. So you reverse all the preceding documents

to that billing documents.

Thanks

Sushant

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
status of Accounting Document is 'Not Cleared'. 
  Is this what is creating problem while 
     deleting the invoice?

No this should not be the reason. If accounting document is generated and if you cancel the billing document, the corresponding accounting document will also be cancelled in the background.

Please check the document flow once again and let me know whether any other reference you could see after the billing document and accounting document.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

While deleting an invoice through tcode 'VF11', I am getting the following error message:

Document number PL10 3000253 2009 was already assigned .

In VF03 the document flow is as follows:

Doc. Date Overall Processing Stat

.. Spot Sale 331 29.05.09 Completed

. Spot Delivery 80007347 29.05.09 Completed

Spot Invoices 9900185 29.05.09 Completed

.Accounting document 9000018 29.05.09 Not cleared

How do I rectify this error?

Regards,

Kanupriya

former_member566877
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is problem is due to number range assignment. Pl. check whether you have a cancellation document for the original document and also check what number range is assigned for the cancellation document. If those number ranges are controlled by user exit, then check the ztable where in you specify the number ranges for all the billing document types with a logic.

Thanks,

Krishna.