cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AL11 access control

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

in AL11 i want to give users access to perticular file paths..say /usr/sap/zfile1 ..How do i do that ? No object for that is coming in the prfoile generator after adding AL11.I tried after changing the object S_DATASET in su24 to check/maintain status for this transaction and gave access to perticular path through this objects.Still it is allowing access to every path in AL11.

Please advice some solution .

Thanks.

Sec

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chittranjan,

Did you check till inside of AL11 whether it is giving those authorizations. It will allow you to get inside the directories but would not allow you to display the file if you have done proper customizing in Su24 and then created the role properly. It may still allow partial access to the path but not to the contents of the file. Please check it once more. s_dataset restricts access at file level and not exactly at directory level somehow.Within Transaction AL11, the system does not check for an authorization before you open the files.

Please let us know if it is still allowing users to display the file.

Regards.

Ruchit.

former_member742326
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I will get this checked..  Hope this works for me..  Thanks for this advise!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In SU24 find out the objects AL11 is pulling in and maintain those feild values.

This will let you to restrict access