SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Substitution of fm ISU_M_BUPA_MAINTAIN_SINGLE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

in 6.0 this function is not existing. Is there any other BAPI or function which can I use as a substitution of this function.

5 REPLIES 5

friedrich_keller
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

IMHO the function module ISU_M_BUPA_MAINTAIN_SINGLE doesn't exist in any release. The IS Migration Workbench uses the function module ISU_M_PARTNER_CREATE_DARK in the PARTNER and PARTNERCHA migration objects to create and change a business partner.

The respective IS-U BAPIs are BAPI_ISUPARTNER_CREATEFROMDATA and BAPI_ISUPARTNER_CHANGE. The general BAPIs to create and change a business partner are BAPI_BUPA_CREATE_FROM_DATA and BAPI_BUPA_CENTRAL_CHANGE (and more BAPIs to change further data like addresses, tax numbers etc.).

In which release have you found the function module ISU_M_BUPA_MAINTAIN_SINGLE?

Btw, function modules starting with the prefix ISU_M belong to the IS Migration Workbench. They should not be used in an own (non-standard) development.

Kind regards,

Friedrich Keller

0 Kudos

Hello Friedrich,

this function module is in 4,6C.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please try "BUS_CONTROL_MAIN_DI"

Regards,

Prajakta

friedrich_keller
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi mrwhite,

the function module ISU_M_BUPA_MAINTAIN_SINGLE has been called by the function module ISU_M_PARTNER_CREATE_DARK which serves as the service function module for the PARTNER and PARTNERCHA migration objects in the IS Migration Workbench. The function module ISU_M_BUPA_MAINTAIN_SINGLE wasn't delivered anymore with release 4.72 when the function module ISU_M_PARTNER_CREATE_DARK was re-developed to cope with some new demands for data migration.

All function modules (including the function module BUS_CONTROL_MAIN_DI) are released only for an internal usage and must not be used by customers (even it happens as your question shows). Rather than using function modules which are released only internally you should use a BAPI (one of the function modules I have mentioned above).

I'd rather use a BAPI or even the ISU_M_PARTNER_CREATE_DARK function module in a project before I'd try to use the API BUS_CONTROL_MAIN_DI as suggested before. This is due to the high complexity in preparing the data for this function module (transformation of the direct input structure to the T_DATA table).

Kind regards,

Fritz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot