cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors occurred during the extraction(Generic Extraction)

cvp
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing problems in solving BW Production issues .

The following are the Problem details.

Actually there are two Datasources connected to BW System One is from R/3 and other is from CRM.

The problem is with Delta Request which has been failed in ODS while uploading Data from R/3 in Background Scheduling but other DataSource is loading perfectly into BW System.

Its a generic extraction created based on View.

When i checked BW Side the error is displaying as follows: Error occurred in the Data Selection.

Error occurred in the Source System.

No Data has been extracted from R/3 into BW.

But when i checked R/3 (Source system)

Firslty i executed RSA7 for checking Delta Records. The records are 0 for the Datasource.

I executed RSA3 with Full UpdateMode, the number of records extracted were displayed

when i checked with Delta Update Mode its giving the following error.

Errors occurred during the extraction

Message no. RJ 012

Diagnosis

There was an error during the extraction phase of the extractor. An exception 'error_passed_to_mess_handler' has been triggered.

Procedure

Check the function module and the call from the extractor check program

Messages from source system

see also Processing Steps Request

These messages are sent by IDoc from the source system. Both the extractor itself as well as the service API can send messages. When errors occur, several messages are usually sent together.

From the source system, there are several types of messages that can be differentiated by the so-called Info-IDoc-Status. The IDoc with status 2 plays a particular role here; it describes the number of records that have been extracted in a source system and sent to BW. The number of the records received in BW is checked against this information.

Regards,

Chakri

Message was edited by: Chakri

Message was edited by: Chakri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chakri

How did you resolve this problem as I am currently facing the same issue, although its with a different datasource

former_member181964
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If Idoc are already sent to BW then goto Monitor in BW and in Details tab note the Idoc no in OLTP, and goto R?3 and BD20 tcode and give the Idoc no and execute it.And see the records are came or not in BW.

Thanks

Reddy

cvp
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The request has failed with out extracting any records into BW from R/3.

Regards,

Chakri

former_member181964
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check it in RSA3 using debugmode, because it is genaric datasource, so check any errors are there in code.

Thanks

Reddy