cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to capture the end time of view rendering?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anybody know where is the location to capture the end time of rendering a view? For sure wdDoExit in the view won't work.

Thank you,

Jenny

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has anybody used OpenSta for Webdynpro ? In the recorded script are variable windows ids and other stuff which will be changed next time.

Look at the POST variables sap-wd-cltwndid or sap-wd-appwndid. If I do second recording this ids have changed.

Kerstin

PRIMARY POST URI &
		"http://sap-server-1:50000/webdynpro/dispatcher/local/SupportsMwWD/SupportsMw?SAPtestId=0 " &
			"HTTP/1.0" ON 3 &
		HEADER DEFAULT_HEADERS &
		,WITH {"Accept: image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg, " &
				"application/vnd.ms-excel, application/msword, application/vnd.ms-powerpoint, " &
				"application/x-shockwave-flash, */*", &
			"Referer: " &
				"http://sap-server-1:50000/webdynpro/dispatcher/local/SupportsMwWD/SupportsMw?SAPtestId=0", &
			"Accept-Language: en-gb,de;q=0.5", &
			"Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded", &
			"Connection: Keep-Alive", &
			"Content-Length: 333", &
			"Pragma: no-cache", &
			"Cookie: "+cookie_1_0+"; "+cookie_1_1}	 &
		,BODY "sap-wd-cltwndid=13d&sap-wd-appwndid=Id13d1f3&sap-wd-norefresh=X&eventQueue=BUTTONCLICK%02event" &
			"%02event%02ControlId%02OAOANMEBGLFGBPIN.TodoSearchView.Button_Search%02CurrentFocusId%02OAOANME" &
			"BGLFGBPIN.TodoSearchView.Button_Search%02time_parse%024250%02time_applyInnerHTML%021938%02time_" &
			"scriptBeforeHTML%020%02time_scriptAfterHTML%02578"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jenny,

End time of view rendering can be captured at the end of wdDoModifyView(...). Since every time the request goes to the server, this is the only method called, end of this method indicates the end of processing/rendering of this view by the server. So in the last line of wdDoModifyView(...), you can use "Calendar.getInstance().getTimeInMillis()" or "Calendar.getInstance().getTime()" method available in java.util.Calendar to get the end time.

Hope this helps,

Thanks and Regards,

Vishnu Prasad Hegde

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jenny

Even if you could , I guess that wouldnt denote the time required to send the HTML content across the network and the time required by the browser to render it . But if this what you looking to measure consider using tools like OpenSta which is actually a load test tool but gives metrics on request and response time for pages

Regards

Pran

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to capture the end time of the view in server side. Thanks for offer other info. If you know how to capture it, could you let me know?

Best regards,

Jenny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jenny,

what exactly do you want to do? I suppose some kind of performance measurement?

There are already predefined points in the request-response cycle used for monitoring.

I'm not sure if this monitoring can be activated by an application but I could ask the responsible developer.

Regards, Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Armin,

You are right. It is for performance measurement. What are the predefined points? How can I capture them?

Thanks,

Jenny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jenny,

Take a look at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.plugin.listener package. Probably you can implement desired functionality using Recording plug-ins. At least, there are a lot of hooks in IRecordingPlugIn these could be useful for such measurements.

WBR,

VS

P.S. As you understand from text I've never tried this

P.P.S. Also this package seems to be undocumented feature