cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License for read only PDF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are currently developing a KM/WebDynpro application in which we want to generate PDF files (one template) for reading/printing purpose only. Adobe Document Services seems to us a natural choice.

Do we need additional licenses in that case ?

Or would it be easier to use an open source solution like iText ?

Thanks a lot

Regards,

Nicolas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_meisl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, you do not need an additional license for non-interactive (output) PDF forms.

Just ensure that the interactive property of the InteractiveForm UI element in your Web Dynpro application is disabled.

Best regards,

Markus Meisl

SAP NetWeaver Product Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Markus, points rewarded !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Markus,

I am doing the tutorial "TutWD_DynamicForm", but I cannot get it to work. I always get the following exception :

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.pdfobject.core.PDFObjectRuntimeException: Service call exception; nested exception is:

java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.pdfobject.core.PDFObject.doSoapCall(PDFObject.java:280)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.pdfobject.core.PDFObject.createPDF(PDFObject.java:222)

I can pass the test of getting the version in http://<server>:<port>/AdobeDocumentServices/Config.

I cannot find the "interactive" property of the InteractiveForm UI element in the Web Dynpro application to set it to false. Maybe the problem is coming from there ? Do you have any idea on that ?

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Nicolas

markus_meisl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, Nicolas, my mistake: The property to be disabled in Web Dynpro is called 'enabled' (no, it wasn't me...).

Your error is unfortunately not totally uncommon. Please check Notes 867502, 826419, and 811342, which all have to do with ADS time-outs.

Cheers,

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Markus,

Indeed, setting the property 'enabled' to 'false' solved the issue !

Once again, thanks a lot.

Regards,

Nicolas

Answers (0)