cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

queue processing behavior

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi masters,

I have a question regarding queue prioritization. I have no paramaters in sxmb_adm> configure filter for queue prioritization. Does that mean that XI will process the queues linearly? I mean if I pass a text file A to FTP, then I pass text file B, then text file C, will they be processed according to this order: A, B, C? It's weird because that's not what we're experiencing now. In we05, all SOs / IDOCs of A and B should have been posted hours ago. But in our case, while IDOCs of C is being posted, there are still some IDOCs of A and B in between SOs of C. How can I avoid this? I want XI to process first the text file that was passed first. Please help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

there's no sequential processing for EO?

Sequential EO is called as EOIO

Does that mean that XI will process the queues linearly?

No. This means that there would be random assignment of queues for messages. So finally the order of message delivering can't be made sure.

Regards,

Prateek

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

queues are not processed sequentially in EO

Former Member
0 Kudos

No,

for a sequential processing you need to use EOIO quality of service. Prioritization will help in case different messages must be handled in PI at a specific time. Then PI will prefer messages with high priority according to available work processes, resources of the system. But this does not guarantee a processing of all msg A before msg B for instance.

In you case where all messages of A should be processed, then B, then C I suggest to use BPM.

Maybe helpful:

https://forums.sdn.sap.com/click.jspa?searchID=26756631&messageID=7151639

Edited by: Kai Lerch-Baier on May 29, 2009 11:32 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

there's no sequential processing for EO? thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check this