Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sequence dependent setup in PPDS

sarvesh_rathore
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

Need your help.

We are using the Setup Matrix functionality in order to incorporate sequence dependent setup.

Current situation:

1. PDS being used.

2. Routing contains 2 operations. Setup Group Category assigned to the first operation.

3. Ciffed Setup Group category as Setup Group.

4. Manually created Setup Matrix in APO.(Not using automatic generation of matrix therefore no characteristics)

5. PDS contains 2 operations each having 2 activities(Setup and produce). The first operation is having the setup group assigned to it and the relevant indicator for the setup activity is also set. The processing activity is of 1 sec for both the PDS.

Suppose the setup matrix contains two setup groups.G1 and G2

It is maintained as:

-

Predecessor Successor Time

None G1 1.0 Hr

None G2 1.5 Hr

G1 G1 0.0 Hr

G1 G2 0.5 Hr

G2 G1 0.75 Hr

G2 G2 0.0 Hr

-

Now when I am converting SNP planned orders to PPDS Planned orders, the setup time(for operation 10) for G1 product is coming to be 1.0 hrs and for G2 is 1.5 Hrs.

There is a overlapping also for these in DS board. Now when I run Reschedule the orders are been rescheduled but the time taken is still 1.0 hr and 1.5 hr. It is not 0.5 or 0.75 Hr even though there is a different predecessor and successor.

For e.g..

Orders are scheduled like

G1(S=1.0 hr) -> G1(S=1.0 hr) -> G2(S=1.5 hr) -> G1(S=0.5 hr)

This is wrong I suppose

It should come like

G1(S=1.0 hr) -> G1(S=0.0 hr) -> G2(S=0.5 hr) -> G1(S=0.75 hr)

Can somebody help me with this.

Am I missing something.

Should I run some heuristic before rescheduling or use some specific strategy/settings.

I am using the Detailed Scheduling Variable view.

Thanx a lot for your help!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have done all setting , you are not doing anything wrong , only thing you need to do, you are doing rescheduling, setup consideration works during optimisation.

in ds borad select optmiser button and in optimisation profile give value 100% and run the optimisation, system will show you desired results.

heuristic doesnt consider anything, its a basicaly mrp run only.

please do the needful and revert if anything further reuired.

sarvesh_rathore
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanx for the reply..

But I think Optimizer is required when u want to optimize the sequence of operations so that setup time is minimized. Here I don't want an optimized solution, I want to determine the correct setup.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm2007/helpdata/en/49/e8693728e52456e10000009b38f889/frameset.htm

The standard time for the setup activity is maintained as 2 hrs which is not been taken in this case. It is been taken from the Setup Matrix. So values are been read from the matrix but not all.

The problem I am facing is it is only taking the values for the entries in the case when there is no predecessor and only successor is mentioned, for all the cases even if there is a predecessor and successor combination present.

It is using the Processor based setup logic.

Am I missing something here:

-

Sort according to start time, setup ID and activity ID

The sequence of the processing activities on a resource is defined uniquely by sorting according to start time, setup ID and activity ID. Even for processing activities with the same time, the system can determine the sequence uniquely using these criteria.

-

Thanx!