Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create different sections on a webdynpro page

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all

im new to webdynpro

I have to design a webdynpro page which have 3 diff sections - 1 vertical and 2 horizontal sections

one vertical section which will contain all the headers,

and when one of the header will be clicked, the list will appear in the first horizontal section

at the same time, the details will be found in the 2nd horizontal section

does anybody know how to do that?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use the Iframes to achieve the same.

As you work with normal HTML where framset are used to achive the same.

check for component WDR_TEST_UI_ELEMENTS

Regards,

Lekha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Lekha

that was very useful

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Just as a side note, in NetWeaver 7.01 we have a new root ui element type called pageLayout. It makes it much easier to build complex page layouts without having to do the arrangement of the inner containers manually.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tjung/3575403011/

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>

> You can use the Iframes to achieve the same.

> As you work with normal HTML where framset are used to achive the same.

> Regards,

> Lekha.

The use of the iFrame UI element and then normal HTML framesets for the embedding and grouping of multiple WD Components woudl be strong recommended against. The iFrame doesn't handle session or state management. Each frame within your frameset would open a new user session on the backend - both complicating the development logic and cross frame communication and increasing the memory and CPU load on the server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas

Thanks for your reply

Is it the element 'PageHeader' when we insert a new element from the ROOTUIELEMENTCONTAINER?

because I cant see any PageLayout element

Also plz advise me if I can use Transparent Container and Tray elements?

Thanks a lot

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Thomas

> Thanks for your reply

>

> Is it the element 'PageHeader' when we insert a new element from the ROOTUIELEMENTCONTAINER?

>

> because I cant see any PageLayout element

>

> Also plz advise me if I can use Transparent Container and Tray elements?

>

> Thanks a lot

No, not PageHeader - but PageLayout. My notes say that the UI element was new in 7.01, but I have a 7.02 system so I can't check for sure. It is possible that if you don't see it in your 7.01 system that my notes are incorrect and it actually will come with 7.02. Sorry about that.

Of course you can acomplish the say with layout options, transparent containers, and trays - but if you had access ot the new PageLayout element the same process would just be easier to do.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sia,

You may acheive this by placing 3 view container elements in the main view(Use Matrix as the layout type for the arrangement ). You may then individually design the view's by placing all the elemets you want in them. And then embed the main view in the window and the three separate views in the three view container elements repectively.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Runal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sia ,

I would like to explain a more what Runal said .

Apart from thre View container , create two more transparent container (TRP ) .

Make Layout of your rootuielemnetContainer to Matrix layout .

insert view container 1 into TRP 1 . And set the layout as Matrix head data for TRP 1 .

insert view container 2 and 3 into TRP 2 . And set the layout as Matrix data for TRP 2 .

layout of View container 2 and 3 should be Matrix head data .

This will provide you the lay out as you want .

Regards

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

excuse me, but where do u set the Matrix layout?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sia,

In the layout tab, on the Lower right side you will find the properties window, you can set it there.

You will find the property Layout Data as Drop Down with values Matrix Layout, Flow Layout, Grid Layout and Row Layout

Regards,

Runal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek

thanks for that reply

When u say 'create transparent container', its created from the rootuielemnetContainer (like 'Insert element', right?

and i have to set the element's properties : design to 'Transparent'

: layout data to MatrixHeaddata

is that right?

plz confirm

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry

i was able to create 2 transparaent container CONTAINER1 and CONTAINER2, both layout as MatrixHeadData, is that correct?