when we try to resend idoc of rectifying error using bd87/we19

whether idoc no remains same or it changes

PL suggest

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You will get idoc with different number.

regards,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

isn't it possible to send same idocs (with the same no which failed)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The number is generated internally, which uniquily identifies idoc. So i guess its not possible,

Thanks,

Raja

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Both BD87 & WE19 are two different transactions used for two different purposes.

First BD87 - This is for reprocessing failed IDoc. For example, XXXX idoc failed in system because of connectiviity issue. So you would like to reprocess that same idoc then U just use BD87 and enter the same idoc no XXXX then click on reprocesss then it will be processed successfully in system with the same Idoc number XXXX but it will not create new idoc number or document.

But WE19 - is only for creating new idoc by using existing idoc. I mean in WE19, enter existing idoc number XXXX and then you can change the data in data segments and then process it.

It will create new idoc like BBBB...

Regards

Sankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,,

1 more basic question

to map ALE/EDI-IDOC apart from SD/MM/FI & ABAP consultants - which other module consultants are required

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Mainly you should require Basis consultants also for RFC calls and connectivity maintanace for ALE & IDoc configurations.

Regards

Sankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When we use the tcode BD87 for re-processing the Idoc, the Idoc number will remain the same and will not change.

But when you re-process the Idoc using the tcode WE19, only then a new Idoc number is generated and we do not have any control on the number generated.

Hope this clears your doubt.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

1 does re-processing means resending of idoc?

2 is my understanding correct

if we try to resend in bd87 - idoc will be sent with same idocs no - & with we19 different idoc no will get generated

is there any othere differences in these tcode bd87 & we19