cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCUI - BP Roles, especially Contact Persons

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

we are having difficulties with the way the standard PCUI handles partner roles vs. the standard CRM Online.

In PCUI, roles are not really supported and the behaviour is the following:

Under the Account application in PCUI, you can potentially maintain Business Partners with the roles "General BP", "Customer", "Prospect" and "Competitor", depending on which flags you check. Under the Contact Application in PCUI, you can maintain BP´s in the role "Contact Person", but ONLY if you assign an account (mandatory field) and the data you can maintain within the contact is actually the Relationship data, not normal BP data.

What we are looking for is the possibility of maintaining a contact person either with and without a relationship to an account and this doesn´t seem to be possible in the two standard applications.

We have seen OSS 654272, which describes copying the account application and using it for other roles, but is this really a usable method and if yes, where can you influence for the account application to save the BP in Online in a different role, i.e. Contact person?

Any ideas?

Regards, Lorna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's exactly what we want to do.

Yet, the BP roles are not supported in pc-ui, crm 4.0, even if the field is available with the BAB. The BP classification is used instead. i was told that it will be managed with the 5.0 release and we decided to go on it : it should be possible to create a BP the same way as in the sapgui, i mean by selecting the correct role in a combo box

Regards

Thierry

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thierry, thanks for the information. Unluckily, for us this will not be a solution, since we have no option of upgrading to 5.0 in the near future.

Question to everybody:

Has anyone ever developed something like this under 4.0 and / or can give any suggestions on how to best go about doing this?

Thanks,

Lorna