cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

table containing SAP directory......

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Can any one tell me table which contains all SAP directories.

for e.g the Tcode "AL11" shows all SAP directories,similarly is thr any table that contains the details.

Any solution will be appreciated,

Thkz in Advance

Sivaraman.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello sivaraman,

as u r accessing directory at database level it is not stored in any SAP tables but fetched directly using c functions from database. Check the program RSWATCH0 where call is given to the C_SAPGPARAM to get the directory.

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

As the directories we are talking about, are on the application layer of SAP, you cannot have them in the Database level. They are retrieved from the apllication server using system functions as abhijit rightly pointed out.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi abhijit dani,

thank u for ur helpful reply..actually i have a select option inwhich these directory names should be passed using search help.how can i do that.

thats the reason why i was looking for a table.

anyway thankz 4 ur reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi abhijit dani,

the c_sapgparam is working fine.

thk u very much.

sivaraman

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sivaraman,

if u want to create search help for this do it this way...

create a search help say ZTEST. enter selection menthod USER_DIR. In search help exit enter FM name ZF4IF_SHLP_EXIT_DIR. This should be copy of F4IF_SHLP_EXIT_EXAMPLE. In the parameter enter DIRNAME, select checkboxs and enter 1 in LPOS and SPOS..

Now in FM go to section SET DISP. In here u can copy the section of program RSWATCH0 which will get all the directories and append the table RECORD_TAB instead of write.

Ur search help is ready.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sivraman,

1. F4_DXFILENAME_TOPRECURSION

2. use the above fm

(it will show all directories on application server,

just like file open dialog)

regards,

amit m.

Former Member
0 Kudos

USER_DIR is the Table used to store user def. directories to be used in al11

varun_maharshi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

'DD02L' table contains all the table details. If you want to know which tables the field names are used you can try DD03L table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sivaraman,

You can have a look at USER_DIR table in Data Dictionary transaction SE11 or any other.

Thanks & Regards,

YJR.