Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while using CASE in formatted search

RamBilasYadav
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing error 'Error (8180) Encountered' when I attach a formatted search to dynamically calculate some qty in the AR Invoice transaction. I have used a 'CASE' construct in the SQL Query.

Somewhere I remember reading that if the Query attaches FOR BROWSE at the end of a query which is having CASE construct then it wont work. What would be the workaround in this case.

Thanx in advance.

With Regards,

Ram.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Some SQL structures are not well supported in the SBO querys. But you can easily workaround this, just creating a view that generates the values you need, and calling it from the SBO query.

Hope helps,

Ibai Peñ

RamBilasYadav
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ibai,

Thanx for your reply. Is there any way to eleminate the FOR BROWSE being attached at the end. Some time back I had somehow managed to attach the formated query using CASE some times back but I didnt take any backup of that query. The issue with shifting the logic into View is that my query involvs $[$....] paramters. How can manage this? Or how can I eliminate FOR BROWSE ???

With Regards,

Ram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

Trick for the FOR BROWSE issue:

You can´t eleminate it. But you can cheat SBO to make it think that you have already a FOR BROWSE clause.

Just put a --FOR BROWSE at the end of the query.

For SBO you have already the clause. For SQL is a comment.

Hope this helps,

Ibai Peñ

Answers (0)