Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

import request to another system

former_member537489
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I have created a request with a number of sap objects, and i need to transport it to another company. In this company there is no basis-person to help me, so any help from you will be much appreciated. Is it necessary to have some kind of authorisation into the /usr/sap/trans/cofiles directory in order to import my request?

Thank you in advance

Roxani

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
5 REPLIES 5

Former Member

0 Kudos

Thank you for your replies...

My problem is that the two SAP systems are not connected, so I am not sure that stms or any other SAP transation would help. I have the files as my e-mail attachements and I have to import them somewhere but I dont know where and if i am authorised to do that...

Please help...

Roxani

0 Kudos

you will need authorization for /usr/sap/trans/cofiles and /usr/sap/trans/log...

so you need to "transport" the cofiles and the logs and then go to stms in target system and call add-to-buffer from menu...

edit: and of course the data files need to be transported too...

0 Kudos

Hi

You have the files of the requests, haven'you?

So you have the data file and cofile.

Every SAP Server should have the following path:

<SERVER SAP\sapmnt\trans\Data

<SERVER SAP\sapmnt\trans\Cofile

Here you have to past your files, but you can do it only if you have the authorizations to see the SAP server. These are authorizations of your LAN user (not SAP). So I believe you should ask a little help to your LAN amnistrator.

Max