cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart form errors

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Am working on smartforms and I get a few types of errors when I try to write code or select query in the windows and in Main program.

So please tell me where all I need to check if I get these kind of errors when I write code.Following are few types of errors.

1. Literals that take up more than one line not permitted.

2. The data object "WA_EKPO" does not have a component called "MENGE".

3. Field A_ADRNR has no defined value

4. Field "BUKRS" unknown.

5. Field wa_lfa1-adrnr has no defined value

6. Unknown column name "ADRNR" . field list. . field list. field list. field list. field list.

7. "I_VBAK" is a table without a header line and therefore has no component called "KUNNR".

Please answer

Thx

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please paste the whole code, otherwise it is not possible to say.

Regarding:

7. "I_VBAK" is a table without a header line and therefore has no component called "KUNNR".

It means you are trying to get access directly to the table which is without header line. You can't do that. Use field symbols and append line to the table then.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagar,

This can be the possible reasons of ur errors...

you have declared some variable/literal, assigned a value to it, but not completed the quotes, in such case the code feel that as the quotes are not complete, its a non ending value that u r trying to give.

The internal table that u have declared, u have not declared a field MENGE in it.

so naturally the work area of that table will not have the field. Please declare the field MENGE.

Example :

begin of IT_EKPO,

menge type ekpo-menge,

end of IT_EKPO.

Then declare its work area something as u have done WA_EKPO. so u will get such field WA_EKPO-MENGE. and u wont get the error.

Maybe u are trying to give a default value to the field, but forgot to finish the statement completely, means u have not given it a value. please che the line where u are defining this field.

BUKRS is a field of some table, u cant write the field name alone to use it.

please check from which table u want this BUKRS field and then write it as TABLENAME-BUKRS

(table name - field name). so that the code understand that u r trying to access the field BUKRS from some table.

possibly u are trying to define some value to field of workarea, which u cannot do.

please check the statement again in ur code.

6. Unknown column name "ADRNR" . field list. . field list. field list. field list. field list.

Do not write the field name alone. write the table from which u want this field along with it

(table name - ADRNR)

you have not defined the table with header line, either define it with headerline

or make a work area of that internal table and then try to access the field KUNNR through the workarea.

Example :

Declare an internal table with required fields.

Begin of I_VBAK occurs 0 with header line,

KUNNR like VBAK-KUNNR,

End of I_VBAK.

Declare a workarea for that table

WA_VBAK type I_VBAK.

and then access the field value as WA_VBAK-KUNNR.

Hope this helps you

Regards,

Radhika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagar,

If you are writing some code in program lines, make sure that you give the variables/tables in Input parameters.

If you are using internal tables from interface tables, it won't contain header data, so declare work area for the IT and move the IT to WA and use it.

Finally check with typo mistakes...

-Anu

former_member202957
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nagar,

This kind of error message will be warning u need not to worry about it.

A: check Menge is declared in the table or not.

A: BUKRS is not declared.

It will be easy if you paste your code and also mention what are the fields you declared in Form Interface and Global Definations.

Thanks,

Sunil kairam.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In program lines somewhere you are assigning the text into some variable and you have missed right quote. eg. gs_data1 = 'sad.

Please check whether the field MENGE is in work are WA_EKPO or not.

A_adrnr is not defined with default value. Please check for initial for using in address node.

You are using BUKRS only which is not defined.

wa_lfa1-adrnr is not defined with default value. Please check for initial for using in address node.

Check for wa_lfa1-adrnr.

you have defined the internal table I_VBAK without header line and using as work area. Check it.

Regards,

Raju.