cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

open value of the invoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's,

Where can I find the open value of the invoice in an invoice.

My understanding is that Open Invoice is An invoice that has not yet been paid or settled

For example Invoice Number 12345 and total amount : Rs100 if customer paid only Rs 50 so where can i see that open invoice value in the invoice or is there any other place where i can see that value ?

i need to print that open invoice amount.

please help me in this regard.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Suresh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Actually I am working on FORMS , i need to prepare a FORM on the basis of my customer requirements. In that FORM he needs to print the open value of the invoice, invoice number and other details. i need to propse the table names and field name to my ABAP team for writting Technical specifications.

Thanks,

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello again.

let us assume that by "open invoice", you are referring to billing documents that have been posted to accounting.

you will look into table BSID for the open invoices under the accounting document number corresponding to the billing document number.

you will also look into table BSAD where the clearing document applies to the RV type accounting document number.

if your partial payments on invoices do not exceed 2 installments, this should suffice. if you have 3 or more, then it gets a bit more complicated and you would have to trace all open items and clearing documents based on residuals resulting from partial payments.

all these are possible, but i would recommend that you convince your customers to rely on FBL5N.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

how can we know whether customer is not fully paid the total invoice by using FBL5N. can you give me some steps how to find out the open invoice amount.

Thanks,

Suresh

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In FBL5N, select the option "All items" and execute so that the respective billing document will have both red and green round at left corner. Green indicates, payment received and red box indicates yet to come.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

my concern is i should print the outstanding amount on the specified format which Business requires. my question is by using FBL5N , any specific field is where the outstanding amount shows?

for example : total invoice value--Rs 100/- and where as customer paid Rs 50/-, now i need to view the outstanding amount Rs 50/- and that should be printed on the specified format.

Thanks ,

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess u have to come up with Z report or Query. U can use tables like VBRK, BSID, BSAD.

Thanks,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Can you tell me the exact table name and field name where we can see the open value?

Thanks,

Suresh Prabhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello again.

in FBL5N, if the accounting document (type RV) directly references a billing document, you will be able to see the link in the same report. you just have to choose the layout. you can also click on the line item to see the details.

however, if the accounting document RV is partially settled, it will become "cleared" and new accounting documents will be created for the residual value. you may not be able to see the billing document reference for this residual item anymore, and the most likely link would be the clearing document (on the original RV document).

nevertheless, all is possible.

cheers!

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

it is my understanding that open invoices are those that have not been posted to accounting. those that have been posted to accounting are considered completed. it is the resulting accounting document that are either "not yet cleared" or "cleared".

in FI there are tables BSID and BSAD. one is for cleared documents and the other is for un-cleared. i do not recall which is for what, but i will try to get back to you on this.

when payment is posted and applied to an accounting document entry (for example, RV type representing an accounting doc created with reference to an SD invoice), whether in full or partial, this accounting document is cleared.

if the payment application is partial, this results in the creation of a new accounting document that is uncleared. therefore, there is no direct way to ascertain if an SD billing document has been settled partially or in full; you must trace the status by linking the clearing documents.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check with T-code FBL5N whether it serve ur purpose.

Thanks,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

Check in FBL5n T.Code.

In this enter your customer number and company code and then select the option open items.

Execute.

A list will appear.From this search for your invoice number.

Select that line and then click on display.

You can export that to local file and then can take the print as required for you.

Regards,

Krishna.