Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bin capacity

murugan_mgl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I have configured WM in my system & working perfectly.Now i need to add additional requirements in WM.

1.I want the system to propose the bins while creating TO.

2.I want the define the bin capacity,so that when the bin capacity exceeds the limit the system throw an error message and provide the alternate bins.

what configuartionhas to be done to achieve my requirements.

regards

murugan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check you have created storage type & storage sections for the warehouse.

Create the bins structure- LS10,For capacity maintain maximum weight of bin in details.Create the bins for the storage type.

Storage type indicator & storage section indicator & maintained in material master.

Maintain Putaway strategy " I "

Regards

Manoj

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

murugan_mgl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

closed

juliocesarquion
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, how does this error was solved? I have the same error but when I created the bins with LS10, I put in there the max weight, is there some relation with the parameter total capacity?

I am still getting the error please advise

Julio

former_member536836
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please follow below steps.

1.Please check you have created storage type & storage sections for the warehouse.

2.Create the bins structure- LS10,For capacity maintain maximum weight of bin in details.Create the bins for the storage type.

3.Maintain storage type & storage section search.

4.Ensure that you have created storage type indicator & storage section indicator & maintained in material master.

5.Maintain Putaway & removal strategy.For your case Putaway-"I"

Hope this help.

Regards,

Prashant

murugan_mgl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Ihave done everthing mentioned .I have given the bin capacity as 10000kg.I have created the PO for

20000kg.When i do TO and keep the material in the bin,the system is allowing to place the

material.What configuration is missing ?

regards

murugan

Edited by: Murugan mgl on May 29, 2009 10:54 AM

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Settings for storage type search are maintained:

SPRO > LE > WM > Strategies > Activate Storage Type Search

As for capacity:

SPRO > LE > WM > Master Data > Define Storage Type - here please maintain capacity check method (V_T3010-KAPAP) and capacity check indicator (V_T3010-AKTKA)

Please check OSS note 392776 how capacity check works.

Regards,

Csaba

former_member536836
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As mentioned please tick the capacity check active.

Regards,

Prashant

murugan_mgl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

In storage type bin type search activa ,i have activated the SUT check active & storage sec check active.Still nothing is happening.

regards

murugan

former_member435196
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please try setting in WH control parameter. V_T3000-NAKAP, Ensure capacity check for weight or capacity check for qty in material master. Sysytem will produce error,warning,no message depending on setting.

Thanks,

Milind

former_member435196
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please try setting in WH control parameter. V_T3000-NAKAP, Ensure capacity check for weight or capacity check for qty in material master. Sysytem will produce error,warning,no message depending on setting.

Thanks,

Milind

murugan_mgl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

When i try to place the material in the bin i am getting the following error

The maximum weight for this material is not defined in your system.

Therefore a capacity check for this material is not possible.

What should be done?

regards

murugan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the Storage bin Structure for your Storage type in SPRO. Check whether you have defined the maximum weight there.

If you haven't then define the same.

Now since you have already created the bins for your Storage types this wont work for the existing bins.

Hence you have 2 options.

1. Either you edit your storage bin structure & create some new bins. So that system will pick up the max weight you have defined for the new bins created.

2. If there is any stocks exist in the present bins, then remove the same & delete the bins for the storage type.

Now create the bins once again for the Storage type so that system will pick up the Max.weight for the bins.

Hope its clear.

Thanks & Regards,